Our mission is to connect the worlds photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website & mobile apps to find, share, & get rewarded for the worlds most inspiring photography.
We take pride in the products we ship & love what we do. Our engineering culture values mentorship, ownership, collaboration, & getting stuff done.
Our technology stack includes: React, Redux, ES6, Ruby on Rails, Python, Go, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, & various Amazon AWS services. Check out our Engineering Blog for more.
500px, the worlds premier photography community, is looking for a QA Analyst to ensure an exceptional quality standard for the 500px site & features.
As a part of this role, you will be accountable for thorough testing across all of our platforms. You'll be a critical part of our team as you help us reach our quality goals.
What You'll Be Doing
- Creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan & managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met & that the solution works as expected
- Continually review, evaluate, & document existing Quality Assurance/testing code, processes & contributors, & dedicated/shared/contributed hardware testing environments
- Working with the CX team, customers & wider user community, document existing & future hardware/software environments, as well as areas of concern for them. Ensure test coverage across a broad range of environments, testing all elements of the release process
- Coordinate efforts with Automation Testing resources to determine which test cases & under what conditions automation will improve effectiveness & efficiency of testing
- Correlate areas of focus, & prioritize testing methodologies based on prior areas of concern, & areas of current/future development focus
- Write, delegate, & utilize testing into a consolidated suite of documented tests
- Create & manage a per-release QA plan
- Proactively investigate & find potential security holes & attack vectors within both the existing & newly-developed code base
- Review historical, existing & ongoing bug reports to identify areas needing specific attention
- Liaise with Product & Engineering teams to ensure delivery of a high-quality product is compatible with release timeline targets
- Test conformance of products to unit, regression & user interface standards
- Assist development team with issue investigation & root cause analysis
What the Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 3 years related QA experience
- Clear communicator (written & verbal) to ensure ability to write test plans & test cases. To communicate bugs to developers & other stakeholders
- Creative solving of technical problems to ensure the ability translate technical requirements test plans
- Ability to focus on deadlines & deliverables ensures the ability to find the bad defects & bugs quickly
- Ability to think abstract to ensure ability to not conform to the norm. Norms do not find bugs quickly
- Experience with project collaboration & bug tracking tools such as JIRA
- Extensive knowledge of Windows, OS X, iOS & Android operating systems
- A solid understanding of software testing methodologies & Agile processes
- Knowledge & experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested
- Strong analytical & investigative skills, with an eye for detail
- Comfort working on your own & within a team
- Ability to demonstrate ownership & accountability through self-directed task management
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum/Kanban disciplines preferred
- Interesting technical challenges
- Competitive salaries, quarterly bonus structure
- Flexible hours
- Catered lunches, snacks & drinks
- Great health & dental benefits, paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager.
- Code Challenge
- In-person interviews: 3-5 hours at our office where you'll meet multiple members of our team.
We believe diverse teams perform better, & we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
This position is a full time fixed term (6 months) position, with the possibility of extension.