As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The VP of Product Marketing is responsible for leading Visa's global product marketing team, strategy & approach to drive brand & business results. This is a new role at Visa & is integral to addressing the shift to digital in the changing payments landscape. You will be the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics needed to drive success in sales & marketing, ultimately delivering data-driven business results. You must be an evangelist of Visa's products & solutions to our customers & you & your team will play an integral role in the lifecycle of Visa's product & solutions portfolio. This role requires a player-coach mentality, with an ability to coach, develop & lead your team; but with a mastery of subject matter that allows you to dive into the details in order to drive the best outcomes.
You & your team are expected to know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today & what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn't guesswork. You coach your team to consistently back up strategic insights with market evidence & then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning & messaging that resonates with buyers & empowers our sales channels to be successful. You have an innate ability to grasp & present the value propositions of our products & solutions in a way that resonates with customers & clearly articulates how we solve our buyers' problems.
You will collaborate across our global & regional marketing & communications teams with a market centric approach to develop & deliver innovative programs & content that drive demand. Attention to detail & eye for quality are critical to your success, & are imperative in your ability to represent the brand in everything from product development & design to outbound communications. You are obsessed with tracking performance, & always have the data to prove what's working & what isn't. You & your team are an extension of Visa's Product Organization, regularly collaborating & often integrated with product managers, product strategists, engineers & sales; it is a balancing act that requires strong relationship-building & diplomatic skills, including knowing when to listen, when to push back, when to dive in.
- Develop a Global Product Marketing vision, strategy & plan for Visa that delivers commercial results aligned with the business
- Cement the Global Product Marketing Team: expanding & re-structuring the team as necessary, further developing roles & responsibilities
- Use your strong partnership skills to develop a sustainable & mutually agreed working model including joint planning & governance with the Global Product organization, Sales, Engineering & other Global Marketing & Communications teams
- Determine optimal strategic engagement model for regional/market situations & provide guidance on their major Product or Solution go-to-market approaches
- Be the expert on our clients & partners - who are they, how they buy & their key buying criteria
- Understand the competitive landscape-be an expert on our competition & how they are positioned. Closely follow & analyze market trends
- Demonstrate curiosity to bring outside thinking in, including from sectors outside of financial services
- Be a creative & qualitative thinker that can translate technical details into user benefits
- Proven ability to be impactful in a zone of influence leadership role.
- Be the advocate for the brand in all major product design & delivery discussions - ensuring standards are understood & the Visa brand remains prominent when/where it makes sense
- Demonstrate the courage to advocate for & test innovative new approaches even when challenged by legacy ways of working
- Derives energy from problem solving & team work
- Have the ability to create an environment that inspires agencies & empowers team to do their best creative thinking & work.
- Collaborate with product management & marketing communications to develop product positioning & messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas
- Guide your team in developing & executing marketing plans for the Visa portfolio of products & solutions you support, coordinating with agencies & other teams within marketing & communications to deliver a holistic approach that drives results
- Understand & support our sales teams; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers & users; develop internal tools/external collateral & teach them how & when to use it
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of your team's marketing programs and, & report back to the business on required changes
- Act as a thought leader for the products & solutions your team supports - both internally & externally, this may include speaking engagements & written works.
- Manage budget & ensure on-plan delivery of costs & outcomes, demonstrating an understanding of key P&L leverage points
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years of progressive product marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Strategic thinking & thought leadership within the field of product marketing with a mindset of innovation & intellectual curiosity
- Significant experience in setting a vision for a team & leading, mentoring & scaling teams
- Familiarity with & ability to support team in leveraging sales & marketing automation & measurement tools such as Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua, AEM & Google Analytics
- Strong financial acumen & ability to use data to prove what is -or isn't-working
- A strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups or presenting mastery of content in small client sales meetings
- Ability to collaborate successfully in a highly matrixed organization, across a number of different teams & global locations
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools
- Background in design or copywriting a plus
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.