As ambassadors of 1stdibs Trade, Client Development Executives grow our global design community by educating, engaging, & empowering our designers through the early stages of their 1stdibs journey. They are the first touchpoint for new customers & also spend time reaching out to unengaged Trade members. They are tasked with educating Trade members, onboarding them into our rewards program, navigating them through the benefits of the program, & guiding them through first few purchases. Once an account is spending repeatedly on platform, the account transitions to our Client Partnership team. This roles main KPI is the unique number of firms in their book that purchase on a quarterly basis.
To achieve your goals, you will use phone calls, web-based demos, & local in person meetings to bring designers through our sales process. This role, based in our NYC headquarters, is for someone who isnt afraid to pick up the phone, who loves to tell stories & is a highly engaging. Youll succeed in this role if youre a master at overcoming objections, can navigate Salesforce CRM, & can map solutions to client pain points.
You'll love this role if you're keen on a start-up environment: ready to roll up your sleeves, jump in the trenches, & do the work. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a constantly-changing setting, & can grow into other roles as we expand.
What you'll do
- Manage & own a weekly calendar of appointments with new & inactive 1stdibs clients
- Identify project opportunities from design firms with potential to purchase on 1stdibs & work with them to secure first few purchases
- Uncover & overcome objections that are preventing clients from purchasing items on 1stdibs
- Conduct needs analysis to 1stdibs value props to client needs
- Educate clients on how to navigate & utilize the 1stdibs platform, including Trade-specific tools through virtual trainings & demos
- Manage an opportunity pipeline
- Adhere to a sales process & track conversion of new & inactive clients through this process with Salesforce
- Maintain the data integrity of your accounts based on standards set by sales operations
- Use sales enablement tools to manage email & phone outreach
- Partner with our customer support team to ensure seamless purchase experience
What you'll bring
- 1-2 years sales experience, former SDRs encouraged to apply
- Experience managing a book of 200+ accounts with a sales cycle of 1-3 months for first purchase
- Webinar & shared-screen presentation skills
- Timely & thoughtful follow-up in order to create trust & strong relationships with your accounts
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to identify & overcome objections throughout the full sales cycle
- Motivated to perform against activity & other sales KPIs
Not a requirement, but a huge plus
- Passion for interior design, art, objects dart, decorative arts, or architecture
- Understanding of the 1stdibs competitive landscape from both traditional sources & new technology companies
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal,and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.