1stDibs is a highly analytical & data-driven organization - so much so that one of our core values is Say it with data!
We are looking for a detail-oriented, analytically-gifted Senior Payroll Associate to ensure payroll is conducted seamlessly. The ideal candidate will derive joy out of processing payroll & will be a key resource for approximately 300+ 1stdibs employees. We currently use ADP Workforce Now, so previous experience with this system will set this person up for success.
This is an integral role on our Accounting team, which strives to create a work environment where people are challenged to grow & develop their talents; feel a sense of belonging & mission; & are surrounded by other high-performing, interesting colleagues. This role reports to the VP, Controller, & will work very closely with the People team.
What youll do
Payroll & Benefits Billing
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all US-based employees (both exempt & non-exempt)
- Compile monthly payroll information for all UK-based employees, & liaise with third-party UK payroll processor
- Review timesheets & follow up with supervisors on any discrepancies
- Collect, document, & enter all additional compensation in payroll, including compensation changes, bonus, commissions, & expense reimbursements
- Ensure the accuracy & integrity of all wage-related data before completing payroll runs through our HRIS (ADP Workforce Now)
- Confidently serve as the primary point of contact for employees for payroll-related questions
- Reconcile & resolve discrepancies in monthly benefits withholdings & billings
- Calculate monthly sales commissions in accordance with commission agreements, create commission reports, & coordinate review & approval prior to payout
- Enter all payroll-related transactions in the general ledger (NetSuite)
- Assemble payroll documentation needed for external audits
- Maintain awareness of existing & new legislation governing payroll requirements to ensure compliance
- Collaborate with People team to implement new systems & process (HRIS, Payroll, Benefits Enrollment portal, etc.)
What youll bring
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or similar field (preferred, not required)
- 3-4 years of experience in payroll processing
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- High sensitivity to protecting confidential information
- Self-motivated, personable, organized, & a team player
- Experience using ADP Workfoce Now & NetSuite (not required, but a huge plus!)
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.