WHO ARE WE?
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Think the sound of squeaky toys is music to your ears? BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love dogs.
Bark is looking for a lead iOS engineer to drive native development for a customer-focused App for existing BARK subscribers & dog parents everywhere. As a lead on a new team, youll be instrumental in how we adapt the current subscriber experience for native platforms & take advantage of platform specific capabilities to deliver experiences beyond our current web centric approach.
- Product Focus: Participate in the ideation & planning of the App roadmap with product & design.
- Technical: Build beautiful, intuitive, native user experiences, as well as the backend services to support them.
- Platform Advocate: Your expertise & knowledge of iOS & available APIs should influence the customer experience in the new App. Youlll ensure were building a solid foundation for future development.
- Code Quality: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability & performance (you are pragmatic not dogmatic, despite our being a dog company).
- Leadership: You are someone who people want to work with. It's not only that you have great ideas, it's that you have the unique ability to make people better at their jobs.
- 5 years of professional IOS development experience in a team environment.
- Experience building Apps in Swift.
- You have prior experience as a technical lead, driving the technical direction of the team, owning overall code quality & providing coaching & mentorship to other developers..
- Experience developing for Android is a plus.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience managing a team - were open to this being a management role.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A portfolio of published Apps.
- You care about delivering a good customer experience & align your code with that top of mind.
- You care about testing & building robust, maintainable & testable code.
- Highly collaborative & able to work with other engineers to design & build the right set of APIs to drive the App experience.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC & Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
ABOUT BARK: Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.