We are looking for a product leader with a proven ability to develop, & maintain outperforming digital consumer products
Cover is a national insurance brokerage, licensed in all 50 states, working with more than 35 carriers. We source our customers entirely from our iPhone & Android apps. Right now, for searches of insurance on the US AppStore we rank in the top 10 on any given day. The company is backed by Y Combinator & many other world-class investors.
We're reshaping the way that insurance is sold, & building product to make sure our customers get the most out of the insurance policies they buy. We're proud of our customer-centric focus, & the elegant apps we build to better serve our customers. Cover has significant backing by world-class investors & is based in San Francisco & Toronto.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial product manager to join our consumer product team to develop a seamless & delightful insurance buying experience. By cooperating with engineers, designers, business stakeholders, the product manager will be responsible for finding user problems, defining new opportunities & shipping products that drive our business forward.
- 5+ years of product management experience building consumer-facing digital products
- Experience working on products that have deep operational dependencies
- Ability to lead & influence teams towards a measured outcome you clearly describe
- Must have a great understanding & empathy for insurance customers; must be a strong customer advocate
- Rigorous - asks hard questions, validates assumptions, connects the dots
- Passion for great design, you should know what works, what doesn't & why
- Entrepreneurial drive & demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative & fast-paced environment
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary but proactive, articulates the desired outcome & works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development & launch of user-centric products
- Understand user needs & gather product requirements
- Goal setting, spec writing, technical requirements, managing project execution, A/B testing, defining product roll-out strategy
- Manage execution of the product roadmap & build consensus on prioritization which drives product development
- Define & analyze metrics that inform product success & health
You will play a critical role in our go-to-market success, & beyond.
In your first 3 months on the job, you will:
- Implement best in class product development & management practices
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (Sales, Marketing, Operations) & Leadership/Executive team
- Manage sprint boards/ projects with Jira; assess, take charge of, & tune our Agile Scrum process until it sings
- Preferably CompSci background
- Strong technical aptitude & attention to detail; can confidently project manage a complex effort with many moving pieces
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts & communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; people want to hang out with you once theyve met you, & your team members proactively seek your input & guidance
- Outstanding presentation, verbal, & written communication skills
- Some additional, uncorrelated bit of edge that makes you stand out from an already exceptional field of talented candidates.
- Residence in or willingness to move to Toronto
- Multiple successful product launches under your belt
- Has gotten hands dirty shipping features across various platforms (iOS, Android, & Web)
- Must have purchased property insurance previously
We are building a modern, fair & sustainable insurance entity
Our vision is to make insurers rates fairer, easier to understand, & delightfully simple to manage, irrespective of what our customers need to protect.
Insurance is a very big business
There are hundreds of admitted insurance companies processing north of $500B in insurance premiums across all lines of property, life & specialty insurance in the US. Most of these companies operate on technology platforms built many decades ago. As a result, they suffer from glaring inefficiencies that are passed on to their customers in the form higher prices, poor customer & product experiences that havent adapted to the expectations of modern customers.
Were trusted insurance advisors every step of the way
We have access to just about every insurance market in the US. Our customers can trust that were fulfilling our fiduciary responsibility to them with an exhaustive / programmatic search that gets them the best value for every dollar of premium spent with Cover. Were there from policy inception, making sure that we save our customers money, & heartache from being inadequately insured, to navigating claims for every line of property business.
Our approach involves overcoming significant operational & technical challenges.
Our approach requires bringing service, analytics & technology together in an elegant way, & doing so in an industry that has historically lacked all three. This will mean applying creativity & flexibility to every interaction with customers & partners, while always looking for ways to make them - and, by extension, us - more successful.
Youre here to work on hard things, learn, grow, support & challenge your peers
Building a national insurance entity from scratch is something few people can claim to have done - youll be one of them. Were passionate about bringing world-class product & consumer experiences to insurance, & financial services, building fair & sustainable products & delivering lasting value to our customers. Were looking for people who wont settle for less than building category-defining products.
We currently offer the following benefits & will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, & leveraging the very highest quality talent:
- Highly competitive salaries & stock option grants
- Health, dental, for you & your family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- A slew of perks that make your life outside of work easier
We believe in equal opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.