Want to help us change the way the world moves money?
We build high tech services that allow people to send & receive money easily. Our customers are mostly migrants, sending money home to their families & friends in Africa, Asia & Latin America.
Today only 5% of the remittance market is online with a large proportion of the industry operating through informal untracked networks. Yet online is predicted to grow to 60% in the next 5-6 years & WorldRemit is driving that shift.
By reducing costs & freeing up time we enable people to make the most of the opportunities that their new life abroad provides & help to release the billions of dollars lost in transferring money to the developing world. This money goes directly to those who need it.
What youll be working on:
Based in London, you'll be part of our Corporate IT team, youll be involved in the first & second line support of all end user computing technologies & tools for a team of ~700, whilst playing your part in supporting other office service desk team members & delivering Corporate IT projects.
The core focus of the role will be around the cloud based enterprise technologies, virtualised server, networking & security components in London, but also supporting other APAC satellite offices, as well as supporting global Corporate IT initiatives.
This is a great opportunity for an Engineering expert to play a pivotal role in scaling a global "cloud first" FinTech organisation in a vibrant, exciting, fast-growing business.
- Provide critical desktop support to ensure all technology (Windows & Mac) is being supported & kept available across Desktop, Printing, Email, Server, Wi-Fi, remote office networks & desktops services
- Assist in procuring & rolling out hardware for all London & other office locations
- Create & review the desktop & phone build process
- Ensuring all file servers are backed up weekly
- Maintain all corporate Active Directory accounts
- Provide Office 365 & GSuite admin support
- Provide remote desktop support
- Assist with networking & patching configurations
- Be involved with new projects within the Corporate IT infrastructure & security team
What we are looking for:
- 3 years of relevant service desk/desktop engineering experience
- Customer focused, can do attitude
- Great communication, clear expectation management
- The ability to work autonomously on a large number of concurrent tasks
- Experience with Windows & Mac technologies
- Experience with JIRA or any service desk software such as Zendesk, Remedy, Service Now, etc.
- Solid Active Directory Experience (GPO configurations)
- Experience with Network Print Servers aka Follow Me printing solution
- Understanding of AV & IM technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Intune
- An understanding of security technologies & best practices
- Good documentation skills - able to plan, track & implement projects
- Cultural fit We are known for our low ego, non-hierarchical & collaborative culture
- Looking for someone with the aptitude & ability to learn & grow with the company & tech stack