Fastly helps the worlds most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, & scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, & scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, & The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester As more & more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking & cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
Were building a better Internet. Come join us.
Fastlys Datacenter Infrastructure Team is looking for Datacenter Engineers that are highly proficient in the deployment & maintenance of datacenter equipment, including servers, switches, routers, power distribution units, as well as all related cabling & connectivity. Ideal candidates should have experience with high-density datacenter configurations & excellent troubleshooting skills. The team also plays a key role in scaling up Fastlys global network by provisioning all Transit, Interconnect, & Internet Exchange circuits from cross connect to BGP activation. Working on Fastlys Infrastructure Team requires the ability to work autonomously through routine tasks while also working cross-functionally with Fastly teams for larger initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Rack, stack, & cable equipment deployed to datacenters globally
- Install, test/acceptance, & troubleshooting of copper, fiber, & coax cross connects
- Configure & activate BGP routing on Transit, Interconnect, & Internet Exchange circuits
- Perform initial configuration of out of band & management network devices
- Perform proactive & reactive maintenance on our global fleet of equipment, including tear down, troubleshooting, repair, & return to service activities on servers, network equipment, & other devices
- Perform audits of new & existing infrastructure to keep historical records up-to-date
- Draft SOW / SOP for internal Fastly documentation & train new hires & co-workers in new skills
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of direct involvement in supporting datacenter operations at an Internet Service Provider (ISP), hosting provider, or other datacenter-oriented position.
- Proficiency with hardware from SuperMicro, Dell, Arista, Cisco and/or Juniper
- Able to read English installation documentation (documents/drawings/spreadsheets) for a wide variety of equipment & devices.
- General knowledge of safe working practices (e.g., familiar with proper tool safety, eye protection, ladder safety, etc.
- Able to lift heavy equipment
- Able to work days/nights/weekends/holidays, if needed and/or required
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time & able to work days/nights/weekends/holidays, if needed and/or required
- Able to possess a Passport for international travel
- Expert-level knowledge of power & network cabling standards including but not limited to NEMA, IEC, and/or ANSI/TIA - crimping copper patch cords & troubleshooting fiber optic cabling is a required skill set at Fastly.
- Network Engineering background - Installed cross connect circuits, configure & activate BGP
- Knowledge or fluency in Bash or Python scripting languages
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: Fluke CCTT Copper, Fluke CCTT Fiber, BICSI Level II Copper, Comp-TIA A+.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Our customers have a tremendous user base, & we support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their hearts with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is part of our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what theyre passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicants race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.