Title: Application Support Engineer - CPQ (Configure Price Quote)
Locations:San Mateo, San Francisco, Atlanta
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, & sell more units. Today, theres a demand to have products & services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade & access new innovations & features constantly. This is the end of ownership & it changes everything. Our vision is The World Subscribed where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuoras leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing & packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, & disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer - CPQ to join our Customer Support Services & Community Team, to provide in-depth Technical Support for our Zuora Zuora for Salesforce Application suit.
Our vision is simple, to provide all customers just-in-time solutions empowering them to operate & grow their subscription business.
Why would you apply for Zuora Customer Support?
- If you are a self-motivated individual that loves to take the challenge as part of building a career, this is the right position for you. You will be challenged on a daily basis to understand our customers use cases & provide the best solutions - the learning will never stop!
- We offer continuous career development & knowledge training.
- Our management team grows & motivates individuals through coaching & mentoring, creating a rewarding & challenging work atmosphere.
As an integral member of our Customer Support organization, our ideal candidate will be an escalation point for support & the bridge between the Customer Success & Engineering organizations. The Application Support Engineer - CPQ will partner effectively with the Engineering group to investigate & help resolve complex issues with our CPQ product. This is a perfect position for someone who is passionate about providing product support to our customers & partners. As the subject matter is highly technical & sophisticated in nature, this position requires an individual with technical prowess & impressive customer-facing skills.
What youll be doing
- Provide Level 1 & 2 customer support for our CPQ product suite
- Serve as the CPQ subject matter expert & resource for team members
- Handle sensitive escalation issues & conflicting/competing priorities
- Provide feedback & prioritize to the Product organization on feature requests & bug fixes
- Define, coordinate, & prioritize customer feedback & ideas into engineering & product requirements for future enhancements. Work closely with Engineering & Product Management to implement these enhancements
- Document ticket solutions into Community articles & moderate discussion boards
- Become broadly versed in additional Zuora products
- Participate in 24/7 global coverage plan, including weekend on-call & holiday coverage
- Self-motivated to build your application knowledge & troubleshooting skill on a regular basis
- Provide technical mentorship to peers & various support team members.
- Understand & Adhere to existing support processes to protect predefined SLA.
Who You Are
- BA/BS/MS (or equivalent) in a related discipline
- Experienced. Relevant & proven experience supporting enterprise-level, mission-critical applications in a customer-facing role. A minimum of 5 - 10 years of proven success in enterprise application support & customer service (experience with SaaS would be awesome!)
- Problem Solver with Technical Aptitude & troubleshooting skills. Experience in troubleshooting, & triage with one or more Customer Relationship Management Solution (such as Oracle, SalesForce.com, SAP, Siebel or other CPQ software)
- Integration knowledge with Salesforce.com components including but not limited to APIs, APEX Web Services, Apex Call Outs, outbound messaging, SSO, & data loaders
- Understanding of the configuration of SFDC & portals including but not limited to developing custom objects, work-flow business rules, & validation rules
- Experience working in/supporting RDBMS platforms such as MySQL & MSSQL - must know how to run & understand SQL queries in a relational database system.
Demeanor. The ability to retain composure under stressful conditions communicates effectively.
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models & acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates & orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing & revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career & leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate & innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility & accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isnt an empty branding effort our ZEOs love working here & it shows in our 4+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, & stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet & Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai & Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences & contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com