The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe, touching every layer of the Appian platform. From data analysis to creative problem solving, our Solution Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems encountered by Appian customers & partners.
We are looking for a hands-on Lead Solution Engineer with strong operational, leadership, communication & technical skills to lead a team of Solution Engineers. The Lead Solution Engineer mentors & supports their team members, ensures they have the appropriate training & tools to be successful, & manages communications with other leadership teams on escalated cases. Additionally, the Lead Solution Engineer leads projects related to improving the customer experience. Such projects may be directly related to improving the Appian platform or may be related to the internal systems, tools & processes used by the Solution Engineering team.
- Manage the distribution of workload across team members & compliance with our SLAs
- Use your subject matter expertise to provide proactive & reactive support to team members on their assigned work
- Coach team members on best practices for technical troubleshooting, communication/customer management, internal systems/tools & operating procedures
- Identify team & individual training needs & build delivery plans. This includes ensuring that training & documentation are integrated into the new release process
- Collaborate with Premier Support team on prioritizing issues from Premier Support customers
- Manage communications on escalated cases with internal & external stakeholders (customers, field/account teams, software engineering, senior management, etc)
- Identify opportunities to enhance systems & processes to improve the customer experience. Participate in evaluating, prioritizing & actioning these improvement projects
- Provide ongoing professional development & career counseling to team members & conduct their formal performance reviews
- Identify macro trends/themes in customer product issues/pain & product supportability/documentation/training deficiencies. Communicate these, with proposals for improvement, to Solution Engineering & Software Engineering leadership
- Propagate a culture of advanced technical knowledge, customer service excellence & positive customer outcomes
- Bachelors degree or similar professional work experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise with the Appian platform & related technologies
- Proven ability to coach & mentor technical staff
- Excellent problem solving skills & talent for identifying creative solutions
- Exceptional communication & customer service skills (verbal/written)
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.