Local Sales Manager
Do you love helping businesses grow? Do you want to develop a team that excels at uncovering marketing objectives & building integrated solutions? This is a rare & exciting opportunity to grow & manage a direct sales force & be part of our best in class sales management team in Albany. We are a Townsquare Media brand, which means you have on air & online radio, robust digital assets & live events in your portfolio to help build our clients businesses. We provide world class, multi-product sales training to our managers & Account Executives. Our LSMs have unlimited potential earnings through salary, commissions & bonuses.
- Co-manage the daily operations of the local radio, live event & digital sales department.
- Use independent judgment & discretion to develop strategies to attain sales revenue & goals.
- Lead a team of people on our existing local sales staff & develop new business by prospecting, qualifying, doing CNAs, & presenting solutions to businesses.
- Retain & support our A players, recruit & grow new sellers on the team.
- Work independently & as part of a team to achieve set goals & take us to new heights.
- Follow through with established accountability standards developed by corporate, the RVP & Market Manager.
- Responsible for maximizing client revenue opportunities with on-going account list management.
- This will be a selling manager role; we are looking for someone hands on that can go out & close deal with the AEs as well as close deals themselves
- Daily on-street presence meeting with prospects & clients, assisting AEs with presentations & in-field coaching.
- Monitor & evaluate the activities & products of the competition.
- Participate as a key member of the leadership team.
- 3+ years of radio & digital sales experience
- At least 4+ years of sales management experience in the broadcast or digital space
- Strong understanding of digital advertising
- Proven success in managing a successful team & exceeding sales goals
- Ability to recruit, train & develop new hires
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Time off for volunteering
- And much more
Townsquare is a community-focused digital media, digital marketing solutions & radio company focused outside the Top 50 markets in the U.S. Our assets include Townsquare Interactive, a digital marketing services subscription business providing web sites, search engine optimization, social platforms & online reputation management for approximately 21,900 SMBs; Townsquare IGNITE, a proprietary digital programmatic advertising technology with an in-house demand & data management platform; and Townsquare Media, our portfolio of 322 local terrestrial radio stations in 67 cities with corresponding local news & entertainment websites & apps including legendary brands such as WYRK.com, WJON.com, and NJ101.5.com, along with a network of national music brands including XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com, UltimateClassicRock.com and Loudwire.com.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.