The WeWork China Technology team is responsible for innovating & localizing the global WeWork business in the China market. We build China First innovations & then export them globally. You should join because of the sheer immensity of the innovation that we need to do as we disrupt the concepts of real estate, community, workspace, office & work as we pursue our mission to help people make a life, not just a living. Here are some examples of the objectives that our team is trying to achieve:
- Community. Deliver the worlds best member experience both online & offline, including building the worlds most valuable online & offline member community that solves members business needs & personal needs.
- Smart Office. Powering the worlds biggest fleet of commercial real estate with proprietary spatial analytics Google Analytics for office & smart offices that deliver personalized member experience.
- Scale Operations. Automate location selection, design, construction, opening, sales, operating & hospitality processes at scale.
- Space As A Service. Like AWS for space, powering technology-enabled offices inside WeWork spaces & outside WeWork spaces (Powered By We) with the special sauce of enhanced community. Or WeWork GO, New Retail for workspace a truly On Demand B2C service like Didi for workspace innovated by WeWork China Technology Team.
We are looking for a great Product Director who will manage product managers & work with engineering & design directors & managers to build awesome technology products. You will also help WeWork China build one of Shanghais top centers of excellence & talent magnets in the Product Management discipline. Youll be spending most of your time solving product problems with engineers, designers & business stakeholders. We currently organize our teams into four areas of focus (Missions): Engagement, Growth, Billing, & Developer Platform. You will be expected to:
- Become a subject matter expert in the business side of your Mission & all of the technology & data that supports it.
- Partner closely with business stakeholders to define problems & drive business value.
- Define a product vision based on data & get buy-in on that vision from executives & your peers.
- Work with designers to create user experiences based on research & evidence.
- Work with the engineering team to find the right technological solutions for building our products.
- Treat your peers with the utmost respect to help maintain a positive & collaborative team culture.
- Initiate, spec, & manage products & features aimed at achieving our goals.
- Run our agile process by building an organized backlog, leading standups, etc.
- Be flexible -- were a fast moving business & changes in the organization & priorities are inevitable.
- Mentor & guide product managers to help them achieve their own career goals while also helping drive the teams goals.
- Be positive under pressure. And thrive working in a fast-paced environment with deadlines.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience in an agile environment. Strong track record of work experience at leading Internet firms in China is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of Product Managers & proven ability to grow & promote those individuals.
- Fluent or native Chinese language ability. Strong English language ability is a very major plus but not required.
- Very strong product thinking skill & analytical ability.
- Strong ability to synthesize the areas of user experience, technology & business.
- You have shipped multiple products & can speak to the process of designing & building them with great detail.
- You have high empathy & emotional intelligence to relate the products you are building with the needs of users.
- You lead with data & research & not assumptions.
- You are a great communicator, detail oriented, & a great cross-collaborator when working with other departments within the company.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills & arent intimidated to stand up for what is in the best interest of the product / your team.
- You are very organized -- you write detailed user stories in Jira, maintain your backlog & set clear goals that are shared throughout the organization.
- You have a deep understanding of software design, data structures, APIs, QA, etc.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries & will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.