At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands & retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted & accountable & we have Walmarts sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart & our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online & offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmarts overall growth strategy.
- Revenue: Reach & exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall team goals
- Volume: Ability to manage a high volume of small & medium sized business accounts
- Always-On: Implement a strategy for always-on revenue so that the SMB team begins the perpetual revenue stream of the organization
- Relationships: Develop & broaden high-level collaborative relationships, understand & identify contacts that manage multiple budgets (brand, shopper, DR, video, etc.)
- Prospect: Prospect & penetrate organizations to drive alignment & influence executive & day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Measurement & Insights: Collaborate with measurement partners to create learning agenda & to help clients measure the impact of Walmart Media Groups measurement solutions
- Pipeline: Accurately & effectively manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities & resources
- Thought Leadership: Serve as an industry thought leader in performance advertising to drive client success leveraging Walmart Media Groups ongoing product & technology developments. Create & deliver consultative sales presentations using industry knowledge, market trends, & Walmart Media Group marketing solutions
- RFPs: Create & present needs-based solutions & high-quality objective based opportunities to RFPs
- 7+ years experience in digital sales, search, DR, performance advertising, full-funnel platform sales, PMP/automation background
- 7+ years experience managing SMB accounts
- Strong track record of high-level negotiation & successful internal & external relationship management
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, & diligent follow-through
- Proven track record of successfully reaching & exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
- Strong understanding of Walmart consumer behavior & how Walmart helps suppliers, marketers & consumers
- Strong analytical & Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, & the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Strong ability to apply operational rigor, methodologies & use technology to execute, assess, & explain complex brand & performance marketing solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment strongly preferred
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, & agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmarts in-store & online data, extensive reach, & to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing & buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, & convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build & sell Walmart Media Groups advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven & brand building solutions. Youll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid & dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; & problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The SMB team is a scaled sales team that services more than 1,000 medium-to large-sized advertisers & agencies globally. Account & Partner Managers build relationships & consult with their clients on optimal solution implementation through service, education, & support. Ideal candidates will have the ability to drive marketing strategy coupled with a willingness to roll up their sleeves & execute the tactics. Success in this position requires exceptional consultative sales, coaching, & client service skills; a willingness to experiment; the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment; & a passion for helping others achieve results.
As aPartner Manager on the SMB team, you will report to the SMB Team Lead & use your 7+ years of experience selling digital performance advertising solutions to Walmarts small & medium businesses. Ideally, you will have a passion for growing revenue & helping clients succeed; have experience in creating & delivering excellent sales operations; have experience in representing an organization both internally & externally. Success in this position requires you to have a passion for leadership, strong analytical skills, a focus on client service, the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment & a passion for helping others achieve results.