Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
Our Lead Backend Engineer is a critical leader to our Engineering organization. As a member of a small, but rapidly expanding organization you will need to be able to cross boundaries easily & work collegiately with highly effective individuals. You will be a lead to our team working on a technical stack which includes both cloud & on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion & analytics, distributed systems & algorithmic complexity.
This role is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development & deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing & operations. You will be working in a multi-tenant, service-oriented architecture & launching services/micro-services from the ground up.
The following skill sets provide a good foundation for a quick ramp up to being productive in our Java, Linux & cloud-based environment.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic distributed computing application
- Responsible for developing highly performant & scalable components that are able to handle large amounts of data (10+ million patients)
- Help develop a distributed system with concurrent access & usage patterns
- Work closely with our product team & science team to understand the needs of our clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years experience delivering highly scalable, fault tolerant, supportable & customer facing solutions
- Significant cloud platform experience, preferably with AWS
- Expert level Java
- Strong unix & scripting skills
- Experience building systems with large data sets
- Experience designing distributed systems at scale
- Strong ability to select, apply algorithms & data structures appropriate for processing large data sets
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.