The Okta Developer Platform team is looking for a Senior UI Engineer responsible for providing tools & features that enable developers to be successful with the Okta product. Every developer knows that 3rd party tools & SaaS services are great, but you need to integrate them easily, get to production quickly, & customize them to meet the strict experience requirements of the applications & services that you are building. The Developer Platform team makes this possible by building features into the Okta platform that facilitate the customization & integration of the vast array of applications & use cases that our customers bring to our platform a daily basis.
Application developers expect a streamlined UI that allows them to go from proof-of-concept to production ready with minimal effort, & the goal of this team is to enable developers to be self sufficient with all aspects of the Okta platform. This role is responsible for building features & components in the Okta Admin Console that help developers configure the Okta platform as the identity layer for their applications. In addition to the Admin Console, a UI engineer on this team may also contribute to other touch points with the developer community such as the Okta Sign-in Widget, the Okta Developer site, & shared Okta front-end technologies.
- Analyze/refine requirements with UX, UI teams for common reusable components, patterns & styles that need to be developed in the framework
- Develop reusable components to enable other teams to easily implement UIs with rich & consistent look & feel
- Work with management & architects to scope & plan engineering efforts & dependencies
- Participate in code reviews, retros, & other continuous improvement activities
- Participate in the UI guild, drive improvements in the common UI framework & knock down technical debt