Our mission has always been to enable creators to do what they love & get paid by the people who love them. Today, there are over 250,000 creators sharing their work on Patreon, earning over $100M per month from more than 8 million patrons across the world. Were incredibly humbled by the opportunity to help so many creators pursue their dreams & build passionate communities around them. And were just getting started.
To kick our mission into high gear, weve recently raised a Series F funding round of $155M at a $4B valuation. This is proof of the incredible power & potential of creators, & of building this explosive economy. Weve been funding the creative class since 2013 & have raised a total of $410M from the following investors: Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, NEA, Lone Pine Capital, Glade Blook, Tiger Global Management, Woodline Partners, CRV & Wellington.
To learn more about our origin story, check out Guz Razs How I Built This with Patreon co-founders, Jack Conte & Sam Yam.
Our goal is to be the number one membership platform in the world for creators of all kinds. To help achieve this objective, we are seeking a Sr. Manager, Creator Launch to work closely with our Head of Creator Partnerships & lead our Creator Launch team, providing hands-on project management & marketing to drive successful Patreon page launches for strategic creator partners on the platform. This proactive leader will leverage their creator economy, people management, project management, & product marketing experience to build, mentor, & grow a team that will drive the success of Patreons creator partnerships efforts.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the Head of Creator Partnerships, as well as internal stakeholders within Creator Partnerships team, the larger Go to Market department, & across Patreon to successfully launch dozens of Lighthouse & strategic creators membership businesses onto the platform
- Lead & grow a world-class team of project manager-marketers focused on wrangling key creator partners & their teams to implement best practices around Patreon page branding, tier structure, & launch marketing in order maximize the revenue generated by strategic creator partners
- Build a turnkey set of processes & frameworks to enable the team to launch a high volume of creators with a high rate of success
- Develop an intimate understanding of a creators content history & current objectives to create bespoke page setups that speak to the unique creative voice & audience needs of each creator
- Leverage the tools necessary to help creators prioritize & accelerate the launch of their membership.
- Collaborate with the creator on their membership content strategy, including their supporting benefit delivery & tiers. If content production services are required, identify potential partners to help produce & manage accordingly.
- In coordination with Patreons creator success team, establish quarterly goals & determine the definition of success for the creator & their fans on Patreon.
- Collaborate with PR, marketing, creative, data science, & creator success to establish Lighthouse creator launch plans, incorporating all relevant physical & digital touch points - i.e., earned media; video interviews; paid & organic socials; billboards; podcast advertising; & events.
Skills & experience you possess:
- You possess 7 - 10+ years of project management and/or product marketing experience at a content or consumer goods company that develops, produces, markets, & distributes its products in collaboration with influential creative people at high volume & frequency.
- You have 3-5 years of people management experience
- You are the most organized person anyone you know knows
- You have successfully launched dozens of pieces of content and/or individual products
- You have knowledge & experience across a number of marketing areas, from PR to paid media to social to influencer marketing
- You have an intimate understanding of the creator economy, cultural shifts, & the technology platforms competing for market share.
- You know who the key influencers are across a variety of platforms & verticals.
- You have exceptional communication skills, both written & verbal.
- You know how to communicate different to talent, representatives, partners, peers, & direct reports & can context switch quickly & fluently
- You make a mean pitch deck in Google Docs, Powerpoint, or Keynote & are great at presenting
- You love to build things in a fast-paced environment & need little or no direction to do so.
- You dont see people management as the job, but rather as a way to free up your time to do the actual job
- You arent just a people manager - youre a creative organizer who also manages
- You have a keen eye for talent, even if a diamond is in the rough
- You truly believe in the concept of Creator First
- You like to win & have fun doing it!
Projects you may work on:
- Launching all of our strategic & Lighthouse creator partnerships
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing & highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, & rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors: