Who We Are
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, & Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding & seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmers Dog is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our growing Brand Department. We want to use social media not just as a distribution channel, but as a means to spark genuine interaction with followers, current & prospective customers, & the wider world. This individual will work primarily with our Brand Department to create organic content & collaborate on a range of social brand projects. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for conceiving, planning, & executing creative social content, with the goals of maximizing audience engagement, & helping build The Farmers Dog brand. This person should be able to conceive genuinely social, strategically sound ideas & execute those ideas effectively.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Conceive smart, effective, & creative ideas designed for social distribution & execute on those ideastypically that will mean writing, but may also mean helping produce images, graphics & social video content independently & in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Help shape overall organic social media strategy, audience growth plan, content calendar, & measurement framework with a focus on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, & YouTube
- Manage day-to-day activity across these platforms, from concept to posting & tracking
- Determine & implement a social media tech stack, taking into account the need for social listening & insight generation, including cross-platform publishing, customer service / comment tracking, & measurement needs. Youre the go-to source for the latest insights on all the platforms.
- Collaborate across functional areas such as Growth Marketing, Community, Customer Experience, & Data
- Identify, evaluate, brief, & manage individual creative, brand, publisher, & media partners for specific social content initiatives
- Use first, second, & third-party data to surface & prioritize social content needs & grow our audience
- Act as a steward of The Farmer's Dog brand & a more thoughtful approach to social media marketing
We're Excited About You Because
- You are a true "whole-brained" thinker & doer who can tap into both editorial instinct & data
- You have 4+ years of professional working experience in social media
- You have recent hands-on experience creating for a social channel, generating stories for either a brand or a media outlet
- You demonstrate a deep understanding of content creation protocols & best practices for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, & YouTube
- You possess a strong understanding of how content across different social channels & platforms can build & grow a brand
- Must have experience using social media analytics tools
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation & equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug