Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity in backgrounds & in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, & we need people from all backgrounds & swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare.
Clover's Data Science team is charged with applying our dataour most important assetto produce value for our members. From observing how the member experience impacts clinical outcomes to making our home visits more efficient & effective, our team pushes out automated & statistical insights central to executing on our main mission. We build the machine learning models & expert systems that back our operational processes & web applications while designing & running experiments & generating studies to facilitate good decisions & demonstrate impact. And our impact is tremendous: you'll be able to point to one of our members & say, I helped make that person's life better.
We build the machine learning models & expert systems that back our operational processes & web applications while designing & running experiments & generating studies to facilitate good decisions & demonstrate impact.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. You'll be building data pipelines & tools to support our analytics & machine learning development. Applying insights through data is a core part of our thesis as a company & you will be joining a team that is a central part of helping to deliver that promise through making a wide variety of data easily accessible for internal & external consumers. We work primarily in Python & our data is stored primarily in Postgres. You will work with data scientists, other engineers, & healthcare professionals in a unique environment building tools to improve the health of real people.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Develop new systems & tools to enable data science
- Design & build data pipelines that take these things seriously:
- Architect data models & systems that accurately & reliably provide Clover Health's primary data for data science needs
- Be on the forefront of comprehending useful data engineering tools & best practices
- Pledge to simplifying the complexities of healthcare by building robust data systems that multiply human efforts
- Produce tested, maintainable code to help all of the above
You should get in touch if:
- You are excited by big, complicated problems & try to solve them with creative, elegant, & simple solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work & if they can work better
- You care about quality but also have a pragmatic approach to software that prioritizes delivering value continuously. You understand there is a time & place for optimizing for shipping throughput vs. optimizing for robustness that survives gnarly edge cases
- You value collaboration & feedback. You can communicate technical vision in clear terms to your peers as well as outside of the engineering team. You are willing & able to help your teammates grow by demonstrating best practices, providing (and receiving) respectful & constructive feedback, & sharing your unique insights with everyone
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining & owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind
- You are quick to jump in to help fix things that are broken & you enjoy making sustainable systems you have built. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it is outside of your job description
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people & have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.