NYU students receive a discount. Please email Mina Salib at firstname.lastname@example.org for the code.
DAY 1 | MONDAY, OCT. 30 Includes all sessions.
Session 1: Intro to Machine Learning with Ross Fadely of Insight Data Science
You will be introduced to some of the core concepts needed to jump into Machine Learning (ML). In addition, we will briefly discuss how teams across many different industries & verticals are using ML in practice. We will dive into some ML case studies using Python & Scikit-Learn. Finally, we will wrap up with some best practices & guidance for continued learning about ML.
You'll leave with,
- An understanding of how to analyze data using machine learning algorithms.
- How algorithms should be structured to make the most use of the data you have available
Prerequisites: A working knowledge of Python
Installation requirements: To live run exercises requires a laptop with Python, Numpy, Scipy, & Scikit-Learn installed.
Session 2: Machine Learning for Statisticians withGeorge Lentzas, Ph.D. in Machine Learning from Oxford Currently a Professor of Machine Learning at Columbia University
Session 3: AI in Video Games with Julian Togelius,Associate Professor of Computer Science & Engineering at New York University
Session 4: Intro to Deep Learning. Insturctor: TBD
Session 5: Understanding Linear Regression & Gradient Descent. HOSTED BY
- The difference between gradient descent & stochasticgradient descent
- How to use stochastic gradient descent to learn a simple linear regression model
- How to put together a simple gradient descent using a cost function, allowing you to buildan algorithm for linear regression or a consistent straight line to our data
Session 6: Combining real world & training data. HOSTED BY
- The pros & cons of training & real world data.
- How to combine training & real world data to properly train & teach your algorithms
7:00pm - 9:00PM: Future Labs AI Summit Kick Off Party
DAY 2 | TUESDAY, OCT. 31
11:00am - 5:00pm
Included in your ticket purchaseis Day 2 of the Future Labs AI Summit,a full day of presentations & panels with talks from leaders in AI as well as demos from the second cohort of the AI NexusLab. See full details here[INCLUDE LINK].
- Richard Zemel,Cofounder & Director of Research,Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence
Evan Nisselson, General Partner, LDV Capital
- Josh Sutton,Global Head, Data & Artificial Intelligence, Publicis.Sapient
- Anand Sanwal, CEO, CB Insights
- Jean-Franois Gagn, CEO, ElementAI