Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$370 million in funding, currently employ over 800 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Based in London & working in our loss prevention team. We have users sending money from 50 countries to over 150 countries & were expanding.Working with teams around the business, you will be responsible for managing losses & cancellations within appetite.
- Monitor fraud prevention system for alerts & investigate as necessary.
- Manage new rules & strategies for preventing & detecting fraud.
- Provide insightful, actionable, & analytic based recommendations that consider fraud exposure, unauthorized transactions, fraud risks & vulnerabilities, & fraud losses.
- Produce periodic management reports.
- Work with various stakeholders around the business
- Liaise with Suspicious Activity Investigations, IT, HR, & Customer Service staff.
- Responsible for embedding a fraud aware culture throughout WorldRemit that is capable of identifying, managing & quantifying exposures.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Analytical. The ability to look to at large amounts of data, to find trends & recommendations using SQL to gather the data & Excel to produce findings. Experience of other analytical tools such as Python & Tableau are desirable.
- Problem solving. A proven track record of coming up with innovative solutions to business problems.
- Agile outlook. You need to be excited about working in a fast-changing environment. Products, tools, frameworks & processes change, we evolve & take the best bits with us. The teams drive the evolution
- Stakeholder management. The team frequently works with nearly every team in the business.
- Experience looking into & optimising business processes, to ensure
- Decisioning systems. Previous experience of managing rules in a fraud detection system is desirable.
- Life assurance of 3 times your salary, should the worst happen.
- Pension scheme offering 8% matched contributions.
- Private medical & dental care plans.
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 28 after 3 years.
- Free breakfast & fruit every day & Friday 'afternoon tea' drinks & nibbles.
- No formal dress code