Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our Intelligence team. The Braze Intelligence teams mission is to automate & optimize our customers growth & retention programs through ML-assisted decision-making, & prediction. You will help discover the scope of what is possible with machine learning & AI in our mission to improve customer engagement at scale. From that space of possibilities, you will also help select & support specific solutions as they go from prototype to product.
As a Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning, you will:
- Reporting to Engineering manager, youll collaborate with Product Managers & Engineers to build innovative ways to leverage data & automate decision-making for our customers.
- Explore & analyze the billions of daily data points that Brazes customers generate in search of predictive, valuable, actionable signals.
- Build, analyze, & iterate on models that are best suited for the job, whether thats supervised or unsupervised learning, neural networks, or simple regressions
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar computational field
- Extensive experience prototyping, refining & deploying predictive models & machine learning & AI, neural networks
- Experience with frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency with relational & document-based databases
- 4+ years working with cloud or distributed systems
- Publication record in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or similar algorithmic fields
- Familiarity with document-based databases
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, & group events. Inclusive & diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments & a real get it done attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company & have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance & life insurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.