Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze, Inc is seeking a DevOps Engineering Manager to join our team in New York City. The DevOps teams build & support the infrastructure, deployment pipelines, databases, etc that power the Braze customer engagement platform. In addition, the DevOps team is also tasked with 24/7/365 support of the entirety of mission-critical applications & the platforms they run on.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a DevOps Engineering Managerat Braze you will tackle a diverse set of projects, tasks, & problems focused around:
- Research, Implementation & Support of mission critical infrastructure projects such as Kubernetes & Kafka at scale
- Achieving a
- Project management (Agile) best practices & implementation
- Career development for high performance direct reports
- Building partnerships with other Engineering & non Engineering teams
- Optimizing resources & costs of goods sold
- Company wide enablement of DevOps best practices & methodologies
- Developing standards & processes for operations proactivelyto minimize issues
- Constantly reducing time to service deployment while increasing confidence in those deploys.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a person who cares deeply about the technical operations & the impact we as a team have on our customer's businesses. You understand the technology & can guide other groups on how they can best utilize the technology to achieve their goals because you know where the gaps often are between operations & developers. You also have a passion for ensuring that your team is continually growing on a personal level as well as on a technical level. You have a big picture view with a long-term mentality that enables you to prioritize work effectively while also ensuring that the immediate needs of the business are receiving the appropriate attention. Risk management, disaster recovery, & security are just a part of who you are. You are an avid technologist, keeping up to date with new technology to evaluate its impact on our organization. You will get your hands dirty & dive deep into technical details when necessary, but you encourage your team to be owners.
As aDevOps Engineering Managerat Braze you will be expected to have the following capabilities:
- 5-7+ years of DevOps/Sysadmin Management (or related experience with an increasing set of responsibilities)
- Proven ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, cost optimization, & project management
- History of growing & mentoring team members with a wide range ofexperience levels
- Self-motivated individual with excellent time management & organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, & the ability to achieve results across reporting chains
- High level of ownership & accountability for high-quality work, both personally & at a team level
- Resource allocation & management of multiple concurrent projects, some of which with competing priorities.
WHAT WE OFFER
Tech startup vibe including free daily lunches, snacks, & group events. Inclusive & diverse culture. Complete support from your teammates across all departments & a real get it done attitude for our customers. An opportunity to join a market leading company & have an impact.
- Excellent medical insurance & life assurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Daily lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial, & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.