Tanium is seeking a Sales Compensation Design & Strategy Manager to support the Global Sales organization in every aspect of the direction, design, & execution of their sales compensation plans & policy. Were looking for an excellent strategic & operational thinker to drive growth, scalability, & efficiency in Tanium sales compensation. This person will be in a highly visible role that partners directly with the CRO of Sales, Senior Director of Sales Operations & Strategy, & collaborates with senior GTM leaders across the world.
The right candidate must have the ability to both think strategically & execute operationally. Were looking for candidates that can solve ambiguous problems & have the initiative & intellectual curiosity to propose new ideas & recommend solutions. This candidate will roll up their sleeves to dive deep in analyses & models, while also keeping the big picture & practicality in mind. Finally, the candidate will need to have strong business partnership skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate clearly & build a strong relationship with their business partner.
The position can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Act as the subject matter expert for sales compensation for the CRO & Sales leadership
- Partner with Taniums sales leaders to understand the needs of the teams, & design a customised strategy & plan that aligns with Taniums corporate goals & strategy
- Assist in building & maintaining performance targets & develop plans to achieve targets at all levels
- Lead the strategic planning efforts for all things compensation & manage plan roll-out to the sales team
- Design & document plans & short term incentives for Tanium's quota carrying roles globally
- Analyze sales performance data to inform plan initial design & results
- Work with the finance organization on timely payouts & predicting the cost plans & programs, as well as analyze feasibility by assessing financial & systems readiness
- Collaborate closely with leaders within Finance, HR, Legal, Deal Desk, & Sales Operations
- Document sales compensation plans & policy, & implement change management processes to ensure timeliness of the information
- Develop compensation plan communication & enablement content
- Bachelors Degree is required, preferably in business or a related field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications)
- 6+ years of Sales Compensation, Operations or Sales Strategy experience
- 3+ years of driving Incentive Design programs
- Business partnership experience with executives & upper management
- Strong presentation skills with ability to build compelling presentations & strong financial models
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Excel, & PowerPoint required
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, including presenting to executives & large groups
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
- Proficiency in Xactly
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.