Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Pharmacy Clinical Manager to join our Pharmacy team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will manage schedules & workstations for all pharmacists who are reviewing authorizations/appeals on the medical & pharmacy benefits. You will oversee clinical quality audits & compliance checks. You will improve pharmacists who perform below standards. You will coordinate with the technician/physician teams for operational efficiency improvements.
You will report into the Director of Pharmaceuticals.
- Manage work-flows, schedules, coaching/development, & clinical review stations for a team of 8+ pharmacists.
- Monitor operational metrics to ensure clinical review is operating in compliance, with efficient productivity, & is meeting strategic performance targets.
- Partner with clinical quality to administer & oversee monthly/quarterly clinical audits of pharmacists & lead remediation & coaching sessions.
- Oversee standard operating procedures, policies, & job aid updates & deployment, delegated to Sr. Clinical Pharmacist staff members.
- Coordinate with the physician & pharmacy technician leaders to improve clinical review operations/workflows.
- Partner with Formulary leaders to delegate P&T Committee responsibilities to the team of clinical pharmacists.
- 2 + years of people management experience
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
- Board Certification (i.e. BCPS, BCOP)
- Residency training
- Quality improvement/process improvement experience (i.e Lean Six Sigma)
- Experience managing a team of clinical pharmacists performing clinical review/utilization management operations
Life at Oscar:
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.