At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
In order to build the worlds best transportation, we need to understand the physical world -- cities in particular. This is what makes Lyft different from many products: our products dont just facilitate online interactions, but offline, real-world interactions. In order for every ride to happen on Lyfts platform, a driver has to successfully rendezvous with a passenger. This ranges from easy (a private ride in a suburb in the middle of the day at a single-family home with a driveway) to incredibly difficult (a shared ride picking up two different passengers outside of Bed Bath & Beyond, each of whom have their hands full, when theres nowhere to pull over except the bike lane...and you show up on the wrong side of the street.) Without mapping services, these two rides look exactly the same, which leads us to create experiences that are incredibly stressful for both our passengers & our drivers.
By understanding the physical world, we are able to optimally connect riders & drivers, set expectations with both on arrival & drop off times, assist keeping drivers safe on the road & passengers when getting into cars, & power greener forms of transportation such as bikes, scooters & public transit.
Understanding where precisely pickups & drop-offs should occur is the role of the Venues team within Mapping. Today Lyft curates pickup locations for major venues, such as airports & sports stadiums. These annotations are critical to allowing Lyft to comply with local regulations & policies & facilitate a safe & efficient pickup. Were hiring for a Venues product manager to supercharge this effort by setting a vision to scalably map the head, torso & long tail of venues & build end to end product experiences that take advantage of them.
- Lead product strategy & execution for Mapping Venues including building tools, processes & scalably mapping all Venues across Lyft markets
- Understand Lyft's strategic & competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics & roadmap to align with Lyft's mission & drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research & usability studies.
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth & maintenance.
- Lead & align cross functional partners & teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners & operations to drive a shared vision.
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments & decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- There will be regular travel from New York to both San Francisco & Minsk required for this role
- Ideal candidates have experience building algorithms & tools for crowdsourcing data at scale & for human curation teams to use
- Machine learning & computer vision experience nice to have
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in product management, product design or equivalent consultant experience.
- An academic background in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Passion for Lyft & what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation.
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, & interdependencies in an organized & structured way. Be able to define & analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- Excellent judgment & thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem.
- Strong communication skills & intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, & other audiences.
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies.
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, & prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders.
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, & requests should be second nature to you.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.