Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Manager, Data Security Governance to develop & implement Twilios data security practices to satisfy internal & external requirements. Twilio has a responsibility to safeguard internal company & employee data. In addition, Twilios ability to secure data & access to it is an important factor in enabling customers to meet their data-related obligations. This role reports into the Security Risk & Trust team.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has the necessary expertise to build Twilios Data Security Governance organization into an industry leading practice. They also have:
- 3-5 years experience as a Manager leading a Data Security team in a complex software delivery or telecommunications company.
- 5-7 years experience implementing Data Security Governance strategies & technologies.
- Experience with driving the vision, priorities & plans for security programs.
- Experience creating requirements for technical solutions to enable a consistent level of data security across Twilio & performing gap assessments against those requirements
- Experience leveraging data catalog/inventory, data governance controls, data flow mapping, & data flow controls to run a data security program.
- Functional knowledge of common data security legal & regulatory requirements & ability to identify actionable & scalable solutions to gaps identified. Led multiple major cross-organizational initiatives to implement / maintain such requirements.
As the Manager, Data Security Governance, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Implement & oversee data security strategy to ensure were meeting our customers high expectations & all applicable laws & regulatory requirements.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Define, scope & drive ongoing data security governance & data classification initiatives to ensure adherence across our fast-growing organization
- BE AN OWNER: Define the short- & long-term goals & roadmaps for data security governance to meet Twilios goals & objectives
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop standards & best practices around data security at Twilio.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Define efficient & effective data security controls that meet the needs of multiple business, regulatory, & security stakeholders & work with data owners, data custodians, & engineering teams to drive successful implementation
- DONT SETTLE: Leverage automation to monitor & audit compliance with data security governance requirements.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Build, manage, & mentor a high-performing team of data security governance professionals.
Data Security Governance is growing in importance as we transmit & store sensitive information. Implementing centralized data security governance is imperative to ensure protection of the data our customers entrust to Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.