Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
The Digital Retail team at CarGurus is looking for skilled Senior Software Engineers to work on exciting projects in the automotive space. As a member of this team, you will be a big part in helping transform the way people buy cars by enabling a full online retail experience & build most innovative online car purchasing platform available.
Our currently public initiative are:
- Financing Enabling financing transparency.
- Digital Retail Building the blocks to enable online transactions
Our startup DNA means we particularly value diverse backgrounds & perspectives. Come help build the next phase of CarGurus!
What you will do:
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, designers, & data analysts to take an idea from concept to technical design to implementation to testing to measurement.
- Pitch in wherever there will be the greatest impact. This could be anything from implementing a new full consumer facing feature, to integrating with a key partner or technology, to a quick vapor or A/B test to help determine whats next.
- Work with partner companies to define requirements in order to integrate their solutions with our platform
- Be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring & improving software.
- Advocate for new technology & best practices
- Continuously learn & expand your capabilities
- Have fun!
Who You Are:
- Expert in OOP (Java preferred), ideally in fast paced environments
- Solid experience in the data layer including SQL, caching strategies, & storage alternatives
- Comfortable with Web Tier technologies & strategies
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms & complexity analysis
- The ability to iterate & ship ideas quickly, with loose direction.
- Ability to guide & mentor more junior engineers (for Principal & Lead jobs)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Curious & plays well with others
- 5+years of relevant work experience needed
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI, Dublin, IE, & London, UK. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Individuals seeking employment at CarGurus are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.