Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to lead a team of Voice & Messaging Operations Engineers responsible for tactical carrier operations to ensure that Twilio provides the highest quality of service & availability for worldwide SMS & Voice traffic! The person in this role will lead a globally distributed 24x7 team of Operations Engineers & Twilios vast network of carrier connections optimising for reliability, redundancy, scalability, capacity, reach & uptime & provide L3 support to first line teams for fixing & resolving issues within the carrier networks.
The right candidate will be passionate about serving customers, have deep SMS or Voice Routing & Network Operations knowledge & a proven background in optimising processes, tools & procedures to ensure smooth team operations. You are a results oriented individual who is motivated to tackle complex problems, has a can do attitude & is willing to go above & beyond to help our customers.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of SMS & Voice Operations & Routing. They also have:
- 7+ years technical experience in an operational, routing or NOC role as a leading specialist in SMS or Voice
- 2+ years experience leading a globally distributed team
- Advanced experience in an SMS or Voice Operations / Routing role at a Tier 1 carrier or aggregator.
- Advanced level knowledge of Voice / SMS Routing for US & non-US traffic
- Experience in IP network Operations
- Experience designing, running & continually improving processes to deliver operational excellence
- Strong analytical skills & experience developing & reporting on critical metrics
- Fluency in performing analysis & evaluation using key operational metrics.
- Effectively communicates up to C-Level at advanced level using supporting data
- Have the technical ability to understand software & recognise areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, & engage with product managers
- Technically savvy & experience with cloud providers, APIs, carrier communications, enterprise software, devices, & mobility is a plus.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
- Thorough, organised, & very process-savvy. Youre exceeding at prioritising & executing multiple projects simultaneously with demonstrable experience project leading large cross-team projects.
As an Operations Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create & maintain accurate & easy to follow internal documentation of new & existing operational processes. Create requirements for tooling & process improvements
- DON'T SETTLE: Design, run & continually improve processes to deliver operational excellence & work with software engineers to define the tools necessary to do this.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Act as escalation point for our NOC team for complex routing/quality issues & manage monitoring & alerting for all aspects of SMS Delivery & Voice call completion & quality.
- DRAW THE OWL: Find opportunities for efficiencies in process or interpersonal structure & roll-out across the team.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Work on cross-team projects with Product, Engineering & Technical teams acting as lead & expert for carrier domain.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Identify training opportunities & tooling needs for the Operations team & implement solutions to improve the operational efficiency of the team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Work with our teams in a full transparent & respectful manner.
The Voice & Messaging Operations team is crucial to Twilios continued growth & success! This distributed team is responsible for OTT carrier operations, connectivity management, capacity management optimisation, route analysis, route testing, monitoring, troubleshooting & reporting on carrier performance & routing quality & service costs. The role will also involve identifying & resolving provider configuration & service/routing related issues & devising & implementing elegant & scalable solutions & improvements to our platform & tooling. The role is key to driving excellence to ensure that we achieve the highest level of quality for SMS/Voice termination & origination for our customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation, & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Usually you will be based in our beautiful & well-designed office in London, however considering the worlds current circumstances will start as remote from your home in United Kingdom.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.