Job Title: Database Developer
Why join Igloo:
One of our core beliefs at Igloo is that people are a companys biggest asset. This philosophy is woven into everything we do at Igloo our behaviors, our culture, & especially our digital workplace solutions (which we use every day). And thats why we can offer you a superior employee experience that goes beyond superficial perks & promises, & gives you the true sense of purpose youve been waiting for.
Why is this role important:
We are looking for an experienced Database Developer that is ready for their next challenge. As a Database Developer, you will be responsible for making architecture & design decisions in collaboration with the rest of Igloos Data team. You will be an active participant in all phases of the software development life cycle. If youre a motivated self-starter that is passionate about SQL Server & crafting clean, performant & consistent code then wed love to speak to you!
Were looking for an effective communicator with a positive attitude, a passion for learning & commitment to building great things for the web!
The Impact you'll have:
- Optimization: Crafting & reviewing code that is fast, scalable & maintainable
- Collaboration: Work closely with other Data team members to implement new data structures & features that impact data layer applications
- Research: Researching industry trends in technology & methodologies for analyzing & improving complex data models
- Globalization: Work with various sizes of databases & datasets for customers all over the world
- Support: Share in end to end ownership of our databases & provide structured troubleshooting & problem solving when required
- Stabilization: Work with support teams to hunt down performance issues & improve overall platform stability
What youll need:
- 3+ years of experience in a database development role
- University degree or College diploma and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using TSQL & performing data analysis.
- Experience troubleshooting & tuning indexes, stored procedures, & SQL Server system settings.
- Exposure to PowerShell scripting
- Azure table storage
- Knowledge of capacity planning, database recovery, backup, & high-availability & disaster recovery techniques related to SQL Server.
- Experience monitoring & troubleshooting OS issues as they relate to SQL performance.
- Experience with source code control systems
Tech Stack (brownie points!):
- SQL Server 2016/2019
- Graph databases
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee & tea, treats every pay day, & an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, & we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes them most productive.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, & youre evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice theres no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.