About Vivvi: Vivvi provides child care & early learning for todays families. We partner with employers of all sizes to make exceptional full-time & backup care more accessible & affordable. With beautiful campuses, flexible offerings, & trained, passionate teachers, we provide parents with peace of mind while offering employers the most powerful tool for recruitment, retention, & productivity.
About the role: The Education Director serves as the primary curricular & instructional leader on campus. While some of the Education Director's time will be spent in the classroom supporting the implementation of curriculum, much time will also be spent in the role of an administrator, supporting teachers to plan thematic units that ignite children's love of learning & support them in reaching age-appropriate developmental & academic milestones. The ideal candidate is a veteran teacher of infants, toddlers, & preschoolers with deep expertise in child development, progressive learning models, & leading/coaching adults.
The Education Director will be responsible for:
Supporting Curriculum Implementation
- Ensuring the ongoing delivery of a developmentally appropriate curriculum that honors the Vivvi philosophy of quality education & care while adhering to guidelines
- Ensuring curricular materials including webs, lesson plans, & newsletters are completed on time & in accordance with Vivvi's high standards
- Training new teachers on the Vivvi Learning Model, a child-centered, inquiry-based approach
- Coaching faculty members & modeling instructional best practices
- Leading professional development as needed
Providing Leadership & Compliance Support
- Creating staffing schedules & approving PTO requests in partnership with Head of School
- Participating in hiring & onboarding processes
- Supporting Head of School in conducting faculty performance reviews
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all Article 47 requirements as well as Vivvi policies
- Oversight of childrens & faculty members files & ensuring that they are complete, accurate & up-to-date at all times
- Opening & closing the school as needed; serving as school leader in Head of School's absence
Building Family Partnerships
- Providing school tours and/or individual meetings with prospective families as needed
- Respectfully & effectively navigating difficult conversations with families
- Serving as a resource to families; being responsive & professional in all written & verbal interactions
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education; Master's degree preferred
- NYS Initial or Permanent Teaching Certification birth to 2
- Deep expertise in emergent- or inquiry-based curricula & a progressive approach to early childhood education
- Knowledge of NYC licensing requirements for early childhood programs & curriculum
- Exceptional track record of building positive relationships with families, children, & faculty & staff
- Excellent leadership skills including the ability to define goals & motivate staff towards success
- Strong interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
- Commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion & the ability to communicate across difference
- Demonstrated competency with digital tools such as Google Suite, Brightwheel, etc.
- Flexibility to work long hours including occasional evening & weekend events
- Ability to perform physical activities as described:
- Physical demands of this position include sitting & standing for extended periods of time. The employee may frequently move or lift children weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted. Frequent bending at the waist is required, as is kneeling, crouching, squatting, pushing & pulling. Employees must be able to reach overhead as well as above the shoulders & horizontally. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, hiring process, or employment requirements should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Full-time, salaried role
- Investment in your growth & skill development
- Significant opportunities for advancement
- Competitive pay, including stock options
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.)
- Generous paid time off
- Discounted Vivvi tuition for the children of Vivvi faculty
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, & related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
One of Vivvis values is to treat each other with honor for the whole person (not just the roles we fulfill). This means we acknowledge each others rich experience, cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, & skills to reach the best outcomes. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com & include your resume. We look forward to receiving & reviewing your application!