At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
The Product Department builds financial products & user experiences that users would rave about. We build external products that our end customer -Small Business Owners use to create financial leverage for their business. We also build internal products that our team members in Marketing, Sales & Operations use to provide services to Small Business Owners. Our job starts with identifying user needs, exploring the feasibility of solutions to those needs, & evaluating the business case viability of the preferred solution. We then work with different departments to build & launch the solution. But our job does not end there, because once we launch a product, we need to continuously monitor & improve it. A good product manager is very user centered, analytical & technologically savvy. Our product management philosophy centers around test-and-learn, design thinking & agile. Above all, a good product manager is business savvy, & knows what it takes to win in the market.
The Credit Products team at OnDeck is focused on quickly designing, testing & launching ground breaking features for Small Business Owners. Own & execute on the product roadmap to drive OnDecks fast growing new product.
As a Product Manager New Products at OnDeck on the Product team, you will:
- Be responsible for scaling OnDecks new product.
- Manage & execute on the roadmap for an evolving set of features from inception through roll out maintaining the right balance between build vs buy vs partner.
- Map out the customer journey & experience & conduct research to identify user insights & pain points & translate those into features.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to make data- & end-user-driven decisions around areas of opportunity & how to take advantage of them.
- Work closely with Technology, Risk, Design, & Marketing to design & launch features using an iterative & test & learn approach to learn more about the desirability, feasibility & viability of your solutions.
- Partner with Risk to strategize & execute on pricing, credit model, etc.
- Partner with Finance to build out financial projections & unit economics for your product.
- Define KPIs to continuously monitor & improve the new product.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 3+ years of Product Management (or similar) experience.
- Strong technical background & demonstrated success collaborating deeply with cross functional Technology teams.
- Experience working in agile development environments.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to build relationships to gain buy in & achieve business results.
- Experience working cross functionally across multiple stakeholders, technologists, data scientists & senior management.
- Strong organizational skills & ability to manage competing priorities.
- Data-driven approach to understanding user behavior & discovering & evaluating product opportunities (Basic SQL & Excel skills to access & analyze data & build business cases).
- Experience following test & learn frameworks to drive product evolution.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience working with remote stakeholders/teams.
- FinTech experience.
- Secured Lending/Equipment finance experience.
- Computer Science/Technical degree is not required but background in a computational or engineering related field.
- Experience launching new financial products.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**