At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
As a content strategist, youre involved with messaging across all stages of the funnel. From product launches to early lifecycle to resurrecting churned users, you craft content that stays true to the Lyft brand while moving metrics.
Help shape our brand experience for drivers & passengers by crafting compelling copy for our product marketing team. Your portfolio should demonstrate solid content & creative writing chops. Youre a collaborative, critical thinker who can ship smart copy & turn raw data into riveting stories & have fun while youre at it.
- Write & edit emails, push notifications, SMS copy, blog posts, landing pages, print materials, social media posts, & other content
- Champion the Lyft brand voice & style throughout all channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email, YouTube, Google display network)
- Harness research to inform solutions that balance audience needs with business goals
- Write hard-hitting copy that drives action & performance
- Partner closely with cross-functional team members to resolve feedback & identify creative solutions to business challenges
- Translate complicated concepts, government policies, & legalese into blissfully jargon-free copy
- Juggle multiple projects on fast-moving schedules
- Quickly adapt to last-minute asks & changing timelines with flexibility & good humor
- Own creative projects & tasks with guidance & support from senior leads
- 4-6 years experience writing for an established consumer brand
- A link to your portfolio with samples of your work
- Deadline-driven with strong time management skills
- Ability to nimbly balance brand voice & style with marketing strategies
- Detailed in your execution but flexible in your approach
- Ability to follow legal guidance & balance requirements in striving for the best user experience
- Ability to address delicate issues with sensitivity & empathy
- Collaborative with a proactive mindset & excellent communication skills
- Copy editing experience
- Experience writing for an ESL audience
- Product experience: You can take complex product stories & bring them to life in clear, concise ways
- Familiarity with keyword placement & other SEO best practices
- Used Lyft as a passenger and/or driver
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.