Refinery29 is the leading digital media company for young women. Our mission is to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power by delivering optimistic & diverse creativity, storytelling, & points of view. Focused around core values of individuality, inclusivity, & impact, we create content that speaks to 360 degrees of a womans life, including editorial articles, original video programming, sharable social content across a variety of platforms, & live experiences. Our content sits at the intersection of style & substance, helping our audience live a more informed & inspired life.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment & passion about the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential.
Refinery29 is looking for a Sales Director with a proven track record of building andscaling multi-platform business in the Beauty category. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the industry, a passion for solving complex marketing challenges, an obsessive focus on customer service, & a deep knowledge of how to package & sell a suite of coreproducts including digital video, mobile, experiential & social.
What you'll do:
- Prospect, build & scale key beauty accounts
- Focus on driving multi-platform, multi-million dollar programs
- Stay ahead of the curve on marketplace trends relating to their clients' industries
- Consistently innovate creative approaches to drive Refinery29's revenue growth
- Identify new business opportunities based on analysis of previous campaigns
- Work with management to accurately forecast revenue from both media & custom programs
- Proactively anticipate custom needs & identify potential issues
- Help establish & promote best practices & processes to ensure excellent client support & communication
What you have:
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in digital sales
- Strong contacts in the beauty industry
- Experience closing/managing large custom content deals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high pressure
- Able to oversee multiple projects & tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to converse with internal departments, as well as with clients/agencies
- Ability to independently build a large pipeline of outbound leads, pursue & close
- Must possess strong organizational & analytical skills
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university