Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, & professional sports leagues & franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What Were Looking For:
We are seeking a data-driven & people-oriented Senior Finance Operations Associate, who will serve as the primary lead of finance operation projects. As a Senior Finance Operations Associate, you will work cross-functionally to provide financial & analytics support for the various teams within the Finance organization (FP&A, Accounting, IR, Corp Dev) along with the Business Operations team. The ideal candidate for this role has proven project management experience, extensive financial background, & strong automation & technical skills.
What You Will Do:
- Design & maintain reporting infrastructure to enable preparation of financial budgets, forecasts, & business intelligence analyses
- Provide exceptional financial & analytics support for the Finance & Business Operations teams
- Streamline existing financial reporting processes & architect new efficient workstreams
- Manage high-priority finance-related operation projects
- Strong systems skills required including financial modeling in Excel/Google Sheets, business intelligence tools, & budgeting & financial reporting applications
- Assist the implementation of financial systems & become a subject-matter expert
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; preferably Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or similar fields
- MBA preferred but not required
- Anaplan experience preferred but not required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Finance Operations
- Intermediate SQL / Database experience
- Intermediate dashboard building experience
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience working in a fast-growing technology company preferred
- Can do attitude & team player
- Highly analytical
- Detail & action-oriented
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.