Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our Corporate Strategy team is a new & growing function here at Mailchimp to support our strategic initiatives, business operations & revenue management as Mailchimp continues to evolve. We are seeking a motivated & energetic data analyst to support the growth of the analytics function of this team.
As an Analyst of the Core Analytics team, you will help build & maintain core analytics engines to enable more strategic, data-driven decision making at Mailchimp. In this role, you will develop statistical models to both help understand & better explain customer behavior & business trends as well as predict future business outcomes. You will partner with stakeholders across the company -- product, finance, marketing, legal, among others -- to support the business on strategic analytics requests & build cross-functional reporting to arm Mailchimp with insights that will help steer our future.
What you'll do:
- Understand both quantitative & qualitative research & trends related to the business & actively leverage those insights to help teams make data-informed decisions
- Conduct targeted analyses on high-priority topics & provide subject matter expertise on business analytics topics
- Generate insights through visualizations, dashboards, & advanced analytics
- Develop narratives & recommendations from analyses, build presentations, & present findings to business stakeholders
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to understand business problems & define how analytic engines (e.g. machine learning / statistical modelling) could be used to drive value by addressing pain-points or helping Mailchimp capture market opportunities
- Collaborate with Mailchimps Data Science team to develop predictive models to help inform strategic business decisions (e.g., MMM, CLV, customer segmentation)
- Work alongside business stakeholders to ensure adoption & proper use of tools
- Collate data from across Mailchimp to maintain a set of clear, consistent, & comprehensive dashboards that track Mailchimp performance across functions on an on-going basis.
- Continuously improve scoreboard reporting & facilitate insight generation from scoreboard metrics highlighting & decomposing trends & drilling down to identify underlying drivers
- Work closely with strategic initiative owners to develop, maintain, & automate reporting on impact & KPIs of cross-functional initiatives (e.g., revenue growth, upsell rates, cross sell rates, etc.)
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in an analytics-focused role, prior work experience within a technology (software) company is a plus
- You're a SQL expert; experience working with Google BigQuery is a plus
- You have experience with statistical analysis in R/Python (regression, machine learning models, etc.)
- You have demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools, e.g. Looker & Tableau
- You have proficiency in wrangling & transforming data
- You have proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative & qualitative), presenting the data in a clear & concise manner, & creating actionable insights
- You have strong communication, collaboration, & problem-solving abilities
- You have the ability to build relationships, be persuasive & influential within & across immediate working groups
- You have a Bachelors or Graduate degree (business or mathematics a plus or equivalent work experience)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.