Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Product Validation Team operates at the forefront of our customer experience, safeguarding the quality of our food-based products while balancing HelloFresh business needs through the use of unbiased, data-driven assessment & testing. As a Product Validation Associate, you will perform in-house recipe testing to optimize customer experience, support the development of new ingredients, conduct a wide range of quality-driven product testing, manage sensory evaluations, & partner with various stakeholders to successfully guide innovative ideas through our product development pipeline.
- Design, execute, & report testing across a wide range of food-based product categories
- Test recipes from a customer perspective to ensure flavor, accuracy & experience
- Evaluate customer insights through data & apply to recipe testing
- Lead sensory evaluations & draft organoleptic profiles
- Provide clear, actionable development direction to internal & external stakeholders
- Evaluate the business impact of new ingredient specifications to our various recipe portfolios
- Run day-to-day administrative tasks required to ensure projects are conducted correctly & on time
- Coordinate to solve complex problems & achieve ambitious business targets with a large group of cross-functional teams, including: Supply Chain, Operations, Procurement, & Culinary
- Maintain an impeccable attention to detail with data management, project management, & reporting
- Work with an energetic, super smart team who will support you & your work across all of the brands within the HelloFresh family
- A critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate results, & present clear approaches to solve complex problems
- An excellent communicator of information to various audiences
- Entrepreneurial; not afraid to take on responsibility & solve real business problems
- Detail-oriented, being careful & thorough in accomplishing tasks with both a high degree of accuracy & agility
- Calm under pressure, able to handle many high-visibility projects across multiple timelines with clarity & professionalism
- Driven to make a big impact on the product & the wider business
At a minimum, you have...
- A BS in Food Science or a related technical field
- 0-3 years experience in the food industry, preferably in areas of product development, quality systems, and/or consumer goods testing
- Fluency in Microsoft Office & Google Suite applications; intermediate Excel proficiency required
- Excellent problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Direct experience in food-based sensory evaluation is not required, but a significant plus
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.