Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco & Singapore. And we have over 400 employees & are growing!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel with strong privacy skills to join our dynamic legal team in our London office. You will be responsible for providing legal & privacy advice to a variety of stakeholders in our rapidly growing organization. As a part of a small legal department, you will report to the VP, Legal, Global Privacy & Operations, & will work specifically on privacy matters & our privacy program, but may also occasionally come to work on a variety of legal matters, including negotiating commercial software as a service (SaaS) contracts & DPAs as needed. On an ad hoc basis, the legal team in the UK touches upon corporate, IP, employment, dispute, marketing, supplier, & other matters. You will have the opportunity to help develop, maintain & improve policies & processes, & to work with other teams (including Sales, Finance, Marketing, & People) to determine best practices & provide training & guidance at all levels of the business. While based in the UK, the scope of the role will require interacting with teams in all our offices globally. This is a great opportunity for a lawyer with experience working on privacy programs to join a leading technology company that is growing quickly & scaling wisely. Were looking for an enthusiastic individual, team-player, quick thinker, ready to roll up his/her sleeves & get going!
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a law degree
- Ideally you are a CIPP and/or CIPM
- You have 5-10 years of relevant legal experience in the tech industry, ideally SaaS
- You have built or worked on company-wide privacy programs
- You have some transactional experience
- Tech-savvy a must: you need to be comfortable with Office Suite on Mac & Google Suite, & be a quick learner on new software tools.
- You are a data-oriented individual
- You have excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical, & communication skills
- You can manage multiple projects at once & will follow through, meet deadlines & take full responsibility for structuring & prioritizing your time
- You work both collaboratively & autonomously
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate win-win
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy a challenge, are self-motivated with a can-do attitude, go the extra mile, & are willing to learn, pitch in & play a significant role.
- Excellent attention to detail
- You have a fantastic sense of humor
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage, pension contributions, life insurance, & maternity & paternity leave policies
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks & beverages
- Catered lunch/lunch allowance
- Transparent, collegial, multicultural & fun loving office culture
- Internal opportunities to join employee resources groups & various task forces enabling you to develop yourself & work with other employees from various offices to do some good within the company & outside.
- Braze Cares program which includes volunteering activities & donation matching.
- Tuition fee reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act,click hereto understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.