The Tock Design team is looking for a Staff Product Designer for our Guests team! Youll join a mission-driven design team whos all-in & all about empowering restaurants, wineries, & the hospitality industry we love. Were helping them run better businesses with new, innovative, & powerful tools that fundamentally change how they operate. And were creating a search & discovery network that connects these businesses to millions of diners around the world, giving us consumers a trusted guide to find & book delicious experiences. Our design team is behind it all & eager to find another teammate wholl join us on this mission.
The Guests team owns our consumer experience, the public face of Tock & the network that millions of people already use to search, discover, & book all the awesome things on Tock. But theres so much more we can do. As a Staff Product Designer, you will lead design for the biggest ideas & biggest opportunities. Youll partner with your fellow product, design, & engineering leaders to shape the strategy for these projects & work alongside your design teammates to bring them to life.
The Staff Product Designer position will report to the Senior Director of Product & Design, & can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
Youll Get To
- Champion the teams mission, strategy, & roadmap
- Identify new, large opportunity areas through proactive discovery, research, & collaboration
- Present ideas & opportunities to leadership & build consensus with your cross-functional teammates
- Lead design for projects from start to finish
- Produce intuitive, beautiful, & user-centered designs
- Collaborate with brand & design system leaders
Who Were Looking For
- At least 7 years of experience designing & shipping consumer-facing products
- Experience designing native or mobile-first apps
- Excellent visual & interaction design skills
- Strong storytelling, presentation, & communication skills
- Proficiency with design systems
- Comfortable conducting qualitative research & analyzing quantitative data
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with researchers, engineers, & product stakeholders
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Backup Dependent Care
- Subscription to mindfulness app, Headspace
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built Ins 2021 Best Places to Work
- Awarded Americas Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, & more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, & events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, & culinary event organizers run their business & how guests explore, discover, & book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.