Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: software is eating the world. That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, & few industries are immune. Peak behind the code & you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader & they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software & the businesses that will power tomorrows economy. Research the industry & you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big & small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems & processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa & other emerging markets & placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gores venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, & Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live & breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world & act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people & then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
This is your opportunity to build a world-class Revenue Operations function for a company that has a mission that matters. In your role, you will lead the strategy of the day-to-day operations & processes of Andelas revenue department, from inception to execution. You will be responsible for delivering executive-level insights to our leadership team & working closely with revenue leaders in New Business, Customer Experience, & Marketing to execute programs - like territory design, compensation strategy, consistent reporting & forecasting- that will affect the bottom line. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is process-driven, collaborative, & willing to navigate ambiguity to unlock value throughout the revenue cycle.
Initially, you will operate as a team of one, reporting directly to the Head of Revenue Operations, with support & partnership from your Salesforce Admin team, Revenue Enablement, & Revenue leaders. The right candidate will be able to influence & drive initiatives in collaboration with our Sales, Customer Success, Finance & Legal teams.
- Work with the Head of Revenue Operations to lead & conduct business analysis that will surface insights to revenue leadership & drive strategic initiatives
- Work closely with the Head of Revenue Operations to lead executive-level presentations & strategic initiatives
- Collaborate closely with the Revenue department leads to develop, track, & review KPIs; be a point of reference for Strategy & Ops, Data, & Finance around these KPIs.
- Own measurement of teams & accounts performance against goals & objectives through defining & maintain reporting dashboards in our business intelligence tools
- Constantly mine for best practices to improve the effectiveness of our Revenue teams (Sales & Client Experience)
- Lead initiatives focused on growth, scalability & predictability in collaboration with Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, Finance & Legal leaders
- Become the subject matter expert on rules of engagement, booking policy & sales process
- Use data & analysis to identify trends & pinpoint the drivers or root cause behind them; bring recommended solutions & changes to the table & assist in driving to execution.
In this high visibility role you will support the acceleration of growth in partnership with Sales, Account Management & Customer Success. The right candidate will be able to influence & drive initiatives in collaboration with our Sales, Customer Success, Finance & Legal teams.
- Within your first 30 days, you'll become embedded into the Revenue organization
- Within 60 days, you will have developed consistent reporting cadences for revenue metrics to key stakeholders.
- Within 120 days, you will have given analytical insights to revenue teams that will drive process optimization & revenue cycle improvements, while beginning to own driving recommendations to fruition.
- Domestic travel as it arises on a case by case basis; at minimum 1x per quarter in non-pandemic times.
- Minimum 3-5 years working for a mature sales organization & revenue operations function which was responsible for thirty or more sales representatives
- Entrepreneurial mentality with a track record of producing exceptional work with minimal supervision; can proactively identify revenue organization needs & prioritize them
- Excellent program & project management skills: proven ability to interact with & lead cross-functional teams
- Experience with routine Revenue Operations initiatives such as territory design, compensation strategy,
- Experience in forecasting & analytical trend analysis with proficiency in standard revenue metrics & measurements (targets, sales funnel, win rates, etc.)
- Deployed Salesforce reports & dashboards, experience with other Business Intelligence tools
- Excellent team player with good written communication & presentation skills
- Proficiency with tools such as SFDC, Excel & other data/business intelligence tools; experience with Insight Squared, Looker, & SQL is preferred
- Strong preference for individuals who have experience with Services based businesses
- Comfort with ambiguity
This role is fully remote