IT Systems Engineer
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world & digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare & Swarm, as well as thriving media & enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint & Attribution (for marketers), & Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 250 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, & in sales offices around the globe, were dedicated to our trailblazing missionenriching consumer experiences & informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About this Position:
The IT Systems Engineer is part of the Foursquare Technology team inside Engineering, & the entire company is our customer. Our team must possess the ability to balance multiple priorities in a high pressure environment, all while keeping diplomatic, calm, & focused. We recognize that the business doesnt operate smoothly when IT systems are not working as expected. We take it ownership when these systems fail, & we never turn away a call for help. Our team has a high level of self-motivated initiative, always looking for improved ways to support the businesss operational efficiency.
As a member of the IT team your focus will be the design, implementation, & support of Foursquares enterprise systems; developing automation, efficiency, scalability, & maintainability in all of them. Youll be responsible for fleet management utilizing the JSS & OSQuery this will include monitoring security concerns & fleet health. Working on such a scrappy team, you will also help provide 2-3 level helpdesk support.
- Expert knowledge of JAMF & macOS administration, patching & security.
- Experience with Apple Business Manager, DEP, VPP, & MDM.
- Experience working in JIRA Software.
- Expert knowledge of G-Suite Enterprise.
- Experience with MacOS upgrade deployments.
- Experience configuring & administering IAM/iDP SSO systems (Jumpcloud, Bitium).
- Hands-on experience with enterprise switches, routers, & firewalls (Cisco, Juniper).
- Experience with scripting (Python BASH), including API calls to various services.
- Experience sourcing technology vendors & suppliers, & contract term negotiation.
- Comfortable inside a data center, with a strong understanding of various telco cabling, compulsive cable management, & troubleshooting.
- Capable of implementing, administering & troubleshooting A/V solutions (Google Hangouts, Chromebox for Meetings, Soft Codecs) within various environments including conference rooms, team meeting spaces, etc.
- Documentation is always front of mind, either via updating & auditing an internal wiki, or as simple as printing instructions for conference room ease of use.
- Professionalism is paramount; you come organized, have strong attention to detail, are self motivated, a team player, & customer service oriented.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.