This position will report to Loss Prevention Manager. Key areas of responsibility include overseeing security, loss prevention, & general wellbeing for facilities, employees, & clients, as well as overlooking operational functions & inventory control.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- During daily duties this position will be one of the first employees customers see when they enter the store.
- Greeting customers in a timely & appropriate manner.
- Assist with High Value viewings.
- Utilize CCTV to review video for safety & investigations.
- Conduct daily audits, to ensure shortage control, safety, & all other Loss Prevention policies & procedures are being adhered to.
- Communicate & execute security protocols i.e. bag checks, badge enforcement.
- Handle & identify any security/safety related issues.
- Collaborate with store management to be an effective partner for business needs.
What You Bring To The Role
- The position requires open availability with the expectation of working evenings & weekends.
- Overtime is sometimes required to meet the business needs.
- Understanding of high-end retail & brands.
- Ability to lift & move 50lbs of merchandise & supplies.
- 2 years of Loss Prevention or Security is preferred.
- Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, & Gmail.
- Strong communication & customer service skills.
- A professional demeanor.
- Be self-motivated.
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service & direct shipping for individual consignors & estates. At our stores in Brooklyn, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, Newport Beach, Palo Alto & San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, & meet with our experts. At our 13 Luxury Consignment Offices, eight of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 & listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.