Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is seeking a passionate team member to lead EMEA Sales Engineering & Solution Architect efforts for Twilio.org - the social impact business within Twilio. In this role you will have a unique opportunity to work with the worlds leading nonprofits & social enterprises to define & build the next generation of communication technologies for social good. You have the rare combination of technical savviness, social impact experience, & business acumen & are looking to extend your career where these skills can intersect.
Sales Engineer - support pre-sales activities with:
- Educate customers & nonprofit developers on what is possible with Twilio & best practices for solution design & implementation through targeted demos to enterprise & mid-market organization.
- Engage the larger social impact community via online webinars, training, & other technical outbound activities.
- Provide technical guidance to implementation partners to support successful & enable them to deliver end-customer projects
Solution Architect (Land & Expand) - assure consistent approach to large customers across entire Twilios portfolio:
- Work directly with large & enterprise level organizations to build blueprints for comprehensive solutions that can be repeated for similar organizations or use cases
- Supporting partner onboarding to ensure joint customer success
- Deliver architectures & documentation to power common nonprofit customer use cases.
- Drive revenue through solving complicated technical & operational equations.
Twilio is looking for a technical leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of pursuing technical sales cycles to meet complex customer requirements. This person will serve as the technical foundation for EMEA Twilio.org, partnering with sales, product, & engineering teams to accelerate Twilio's adoption in the social impact sector. You will use your experience to provide technical expertise, code support, & consultation to help nonprofits scope, design, build, & implement cloud-based communication solutions.
- 7+ years of experience in sales engineering roles with a track record of projects in nonprofit / social impact space.
- Experienced in working with a multicultural environment, including ability to communicate with at least three European languages.
- Fluency in cloud communication technologies across all channels / APIs - expertise with Twilios contact center stack: Flex, TaskRouter, Studio, Functions, & Channel APIs
- Disciplined, analytically precise, detail-oriented with strong project management skills (kanban preferred).
- An effective communicator. You provide clear written materials & so-whats, with actionable synthesis & recommendations. You have strong listening skills & you naturally codify & write things down. You will deliver well organized artifacts (sketches, code, demo, presentations, emails, etc) to drive fact-based decision making to improve technical solutioning & social-impact efforts.
- Wear the customers shoes. You think through the customer experience of a solution end to end, & focus on resolving pain points for our customers & making it viable for Twilio technology
As a Twilio.org EMEA Hybrid SE / SA, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Go elbows-deep into the technical requirements of the customer ensuring that no bottlenecks are going to limit final solution, think about cost vs functionality as well as think broadly about available technologies for a possible workaround (ie. BYOC)
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Develop an intimate understanding of our sustainable revenue model & social impact goals to drive customer success. Understand our organizational structure, our leaders & managers, & their objectives & concerns. Work relentlessly to make them more successful in helping our customers succeed. Learn the customer's target audience & learn the language.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Efficiently & effectively communicate findings / progress towards building desired solutions based on Twilio components. Distribute your output to your fellow employees (SEs, SAs, SNs, BDs) & improve upon the feedback received.
- DRAW THE OWL: Implement & improve existing solutions for nonprofit & social impact sector. Think about solutions that do not require advanced technologies as the majority of projects are located in underdeveloped areas.
- DONT SETTLE: Deep dive into customer problem & provide the most efficient solution based on identification of the root cause, determination of improvements, & follow through with action-oriented technical work.
The Twilio.org team works across Twilios unique assets - our technology, funding, & employee time - to improve the lives of over 170 million a year around the world. As part of the team dedicated to social impact, you will tackle strategically critical technical foundations across the non-US part of the company, partnering with internal teams, partner organizations & several stakeholders to help nonprofit customers in their digital transformation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in one of the European offices (work from home during current pandemic measures). Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.