Bonobos islooking for a bright, business-minded, & self-motivated Corporate Counsel to help meet the demands of our rapidly expanding business.
At Bonobos, were redefining how customers browse, discover & shop for apparel. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail & our customers are fanatical about our clothes & our world-class customer service.
What you'll do...
- Negotiate, draft & review a wide range of commercial agreements, including: consulting, SaaS & other vendor agreements, NDAs, co-promotion/sponsorship agreements, & those supporting social media & influencer marketing, IP & content licensing, & digital & print media production
- Advise on legal issues related to marketing & promotional programs, including review of all customer-facing advertising & marketing materials, rights clearance issues, claim substantiation, & contests/sweepstakes
- Create scalable processes for triaging a high volume of disparate legal issues from all areas of the business & help provide training, create templates & manage workflows to allow business teams to move quickly while addressing key risks
- Have at least 4-6 years experience at a top law firm, ideally with some in-house experience (experience with an e-commerce company a plus)
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school, exceptional academic credentials (yes, really) & are a member in good standing of the New York bar or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York
- Have exceptional judgment & are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis & decision-making, while understanding when & how to appropriately escalate issues
- Are highly detail-oriented, with strong organizational & communication skills, & the ability to prioritize & re-prioritize based on changing business needs in a fast-paced environment
- Embrace projects large & small (yes, even those boilerplate contracts must (unfortunately) be reviewed)
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit & are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Are psyched to help build & improve internal processes & best practices/policies
- Work hard because we love what were doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to unlimited vacation days!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun & awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you