Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics to join our Growth Marketing team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in developing forecasting & planning models to integrate our channel investments into a holistic portfolio strategy that drives optimal performance, while maximizing return. You will be responsible for ongoing forecasting & budgeting oversight, reporting, testing & attribution development, scenario planning, & improving our attribution capabilities. You will report to our VP, Growth Marketing based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Deliver data-based recommendations as the analytics owner for the growth team, leveraging data & insights to increase efficiencies across acquisition & retention marketing channels
- Automate reporting & develop dashboards, analyses, & tools for growth marketing to understand & optimize the allocation of media dollars across channels & campaigns, while helping to define how we measure & report out on ongoing-channel performance & tests
- Own the development & improvement of our marketing attribution capabilities & methodologies, both internally & externally using 3rd party vendors
- Partner with all teams within Growth to develop & implement a structured experimentation program to address strategic opportunities across Aways growth model, including incrementality testing
- Partner across the Growth marketing team to build tools & improve processes to manage the growth budget & optimize marketing spend to hit top-line revenue goals while maintaining marketing efficiency
- Own & cascade Marketing budget modeling adjustments within the larger re-forecasting process with the FP&A team, leveraging extensive modeling & historical data to inform appropriate levels of marketing spend & distribution of budget across teams alongside CMO & our Marketing leadership team
- Develop demand based models based on historical data & performance to inform expected traffic, ATC, & conversion rates for various events & campaigns
Who you are:
- 6+ years of experience, with at least 4+ in a Marketing or strategic analytics role with a particular focus on media metrics
- Experience with data visualization & reporting tools such as Looker, Amplitude, & Google Analytics.
- An expert in Excel with strong analytical skills & comfortable working with large data sets. Basic understanding or willingness to learn SQL.
- Deep understanding of the online & offline media landscape, inclusive of channels such as search, paid social, affiliate, TV, podcast, display, etc.
- Experience working across teams to successfully implement spend recommendations to drive business growth.
- Ability to synthesize & clearly communicate findings, focusing on the critical issues & actionable opportunities
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.