Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is seeking an Intern for Summer 2020 to work closely with our Sales Account Executives. As a part of the broader Twilio Intern Program community, this person will work on meaningful, high impact projects, learn & develop new skills, & get access to great mentorship & senior leaders at Twilio. As an intern, this person will assist in activities related to identifying & cultivating high value opportunities for the New Business Sales Team. These activities include in depth account research, helping build pipeline & lead generation for Twilios enterprise business, & working closely with AEs on campaign creation.
Twilio is looking for an intern who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of success & impact.
- Working towards a BS/BA/MBA with an anticipated graduation date of December 2020 or May/June 2021.
- Able to complete a 10-12 week internship beginning in June 2020.
- An insatiable curiosity to learn about Twilio & our customers.
- The ability to understand & articulate the Twilio API.
- Determination, grit, & strong problem solving skills..
- Superior communication & analytical skills, including a strong ability to identify & solve ambiguous problems & work well with cross-functional teams.
- Technical Aptitude - enthusiasm for technology & learning new concepts.
- High attention to detail & proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- A hungry entrepreneurial & can do spirit & insatiable will to get stuff done.
As an intern, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Mapping of Target Account Executive suite including the landscape of decision makers & divisional framework/reporting structures. Research & document key priorities from publicly available information. Document strategic tech & telco vendors already doing business in the accounts. Provide highlights from Quarterly analyst presentations & investor presentations. Identify & curate content (Twilio marketing created links, whitepapers, infographics etc) for AE consumption & re-use in targeted prospecting efforts
- DRAW THE OWL: Uncover use case & industry patterns - Look for peer companies amongst all targets. Drive attendance to webinars & events (Signal etc) - Target accounts & Zip Accounts. Repeatable but personalized correspondence to drive attendance.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: assist in all aspects of lead generation, including strategy formation, internal influence, & developing business cases & reports/presentations.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Propagate best practices & knowledge sharing amongst the AEs & within the region.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment & discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, & presenting findings.
The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base & bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits & enterprises to make an impact on their services. Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication tools in order to build better applications to maximize customer engagement. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.