Brand Communications Manager
MakeSpace is a rapidly growing tech startup based in NYC that provides a convenient way for consumers to store their things. We are reinventing the $34B storage industry by finally putting the customer first, & giving them a simple & easy way to get their things into & out of storage, without lifting a finger.
Who we are:
Our talented Marketing team is made up of sales, marketing & brand folks from a diverse set of backgrounds. What we have in common is that we are smart, hardworking, analytical, as well as creative, fun-loving, & collaborative. We like to laugh together, & we like to drive sales, but moreover we trust one anothers judgement & are hungry to learn. This is a great place to build & advance your career, & an exciting time to do it.
MakeSpace is a looking for an energetic & creative brand communications expert to join the growing Brand team. The right candidate will have a proven track record in crafting communications & messaging across all levels: from establishing MakeSpace as a market leader & disruptor of a brand to the corporate level communications. The goal of this position would be to drive customer acquisition across marketing channels, increase the retention & brand advocacy with existing customers.
What you will do:
- Manage all corporate communications opportunities including speaking engagements, thought leadership & awards
- Contribute to overall PR planning & execution
- Monitor external brand image, ensure the MakeSpace brand is reflected positively & accurately
- Drive overall SEO Strategy, developing & managing execution plans
- Develop & manage annual editorial calendar to support SEO strategy & support brand & acquisition goals.
- Manage development of content with internal & external resources
- Lead editorial & creative strategies for branded content across affiliate & owned channels
- Develop contents strategies to provide a great, & on-brand, customer experience across all customer touchpoints.
- Over time, collaborate with performance & sales teams to develop CRM contents
- Manage the development of internal communication materials including All-hands decks & Company Newsletters
- Act as a brand ambassador internally to support the rollout of our new brand strategy
- Prepare our Executive Team for presentations
Who you are:
- 3-5+ years of experience in a marketing & communications role
- Experience in a start-up or tech organization, consumers oriented
- Experience managing communications strategies & overall positioning
- Experience working independently to meet set goals
- Experience successfully working in collaborative teams to meet deliverables against a set timeline
- Leadership, Analytical rigor, organization & innovation are some of the qualities needed for this role
- A positive attitude & a personality that energize & encourage others
- Culture-obsessed: you have your finger on the pulse of cultural currents, social media advancements & influencers. You like to be ahead of the curve, & share this knowledge with others
- Hard-working with a can-do attitude
What youll get:
- Competitive Base salary
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Free storage
- Generous vacation policy
- Competitive parental leave policy, we believe in our team having a great life outside of work
- A fun office in downtown Manhattan, always stocked with coffee, snacks & drinks; catered Wednesdays lunch, happy hours & more
- Ground floor opportunity to help build the team & brand
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.