Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development.
Fastlys customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly & embark on their next great adventure, & sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, & Ticketmaster
Were building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Sr. Manager, IT Systems
Come be part of the leadership for a highly motivated IT team responsible for end-to-end support of a quickly growing global company. Our team's mission is to enable Fastly's global corporate personnel to perform their various jobs with a minimal amount of technological friction. We are passionate about this. Our corporate infrastructure is 80% Mac, 10% Windows, 10% Linux. We use Okta for single-sign-on, Slack & Google apps in conjunction with many of the best-in-class enterprise-grade SaaS apps including Salesforce, Zendesk, Zoom, Teem, Jamf, Jira & Confluence. Our network equipment is a mix of Meraki, Juniper & Aruba.
The right person for this role will thrive on mentoring team members to grow & expand their technical skills. She or he will also possess a willingness to jump in & personally take on projects as needed. This is a technical management role & the expectation is that this person will be a mentor for the team & able to facilitate finding solutions to issues the team is otherwise unable to resolve. Process improvements are a big thing on our team as we continuously work to improve our workflows. You will be instrumental in helping drive those efforts.
What You'll Do
- Maintain reliable IT operations & high level of customer service
- Lead, mentor & evaluate IT Systems Engineering team
- Identify, develop & sponsor IT initiatives including resources & budgeting
- Understand & diagnose technical issues across a variety of cloud services
- Develop vendor relationships & budget tracking
- Drive documentation efforts & process improvements across the team
- Set direction & roadmap planning as part of IT leadership team
- Drive recruiting & hiring as the team continues to grow
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years in IT leadership role growing & leading a Corporate IT team
- Excellent interpersonal & customer support skills
- Motivated by helping others, & also not afraid to ask for help
- Fluent in written & spoken English, willing to occasionally travel
- Hands-on experience running primarily SaaS based IT stack
- Project management training and/or practice
- Consistent track record in team building
- Deployment experience with Chef, Jamf, or equivalent open-source tools
- Experience with customer support process design
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.