Mark43s mission is to empower communities & their governments with new technologies that improve the safety & quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, & elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, & we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought & experience within our team.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our team. You will be helping a division become more effective & performant. The Scrum Master focuses on aiding the team in self-organization, autonomy, & continuous improvement to become the highest performing version of itself. This role is about building trust within the team & garnering influence to help the team achieve its goals.
Scrum Masters are known as the guardian of process, someone that identifies & resolves impediments, gives feedback, & oversees day-to-day functions. The Scrum master job is anything from mentoring junior team members to making sure tasks are being completed on target.
What Youll Do
If you were part of our team, here are some things you would have done last week:
- Ensured the team had everything it needed to get the work done, particularly by managing dependencies & actively removing blockers
- Acted as a safeguard for your division from outside distractions & interferences
- Arranged & facilitated meetings & scrum ceremonies such as backlog grooming, stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos, & retrospective meetings
- Managed each projects scope & timeline in coordination with Product, Design, & Engineering leadership
- Managed resourcing within your team, including facilitating trade off discussions around team capacity & deliverables
- Had a solid understanding on a technical level of what was being worked on
- Maintained relationships with everyone on the team & helped resolve internal team conflicts
- Helped the product manager with the product backlog to ensure it was in good shape & ready to be worked
- Brought new team members up to full capacity quickly & efficiently
- Ensured the teams observance of Definition of Done
- Made sure the teams daily work aligned to both their immediate & long term goals (including protecting against scope creep)
- Made sure inter & intra-team communication were always efficient & frequent
- Identified gaps between the day to day work of PMs, designers, & engineers & what it takes to meet team & organizational goals
- Increased the teams efficiency, monitored the teams happiness/motivation, argued for changes that will ensure quality & timeliness.
- Further refined team culture along with engineering & product leadership
What Youll Need
Were looking for a Scrum Master with 2+ years of professional experience as a Scrum Master, who has knowledge of the software development processes, procedures, & the product development life cycle. The candidate needs to be an expert in estimation & planning to create useful, reliable & practical plans for software development projects, & experience with scrum techniques & artifacts (e.g. definition of done, user stories, story splitting, refinement, estimation, velocity). The Scrum Master needs to have the ability to understand technical projects to evaluate dependencies & address blockers to ensure timely delivery, & is proficient at performing delivery analysis at various stages of a project.
People who thrive on our team also tend to share the following characteristics:
- Humble, open, & curious
- Ability to adapt agile methodologies to fit a specific team & organizations needs
- Strong problem-solving & conflict resolution skills
- Outstanding organizational & planning skills, along with attention to detail
- Proficient with managing Jira, as well as scrum, & kanban boards
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, facilitation, & coaching skills
- Familiarity with SAFe
Our team is located in the US, Canada, & Australia, however, remote work is encouraged. It is important to accommodate the different time zones that your division encompasses.