The General Manager of Expansion (North America) is responsible for growing & managing Knotels business in our international emerging markets. A critical part of the leadership team, s/he will report to our COO & will be charged with owning the collective P&L, building & scaling a world-class team, & driving demand performance across multiple markets.
What Youll Do
- Develop & bring to life Knotels global expansion strategy
- Own ongoing operational execution & P&L for local markets
- Scale processes & systems to drive rapid growth
- Develop & maintain strong cross-functional relationships with senior stakeholders at HQ & across other markets
- Solve cross-functional challenges like localization, payments, product offering, & launch planning
- Serve as a conduit between our North America-based team & HQ to ensure standards & playbooks transcend borders.
Who You Are
Youre a proven leader with a track record of scaling businesses & managing a large P&L, building strong teams & doing whatever it takes to move the business forward. You enjoy setting strategic priorities but arent afraid to get your hands dirty. Your ideal role is a blend of operations & strategy. Youre excited to build & scale multiple emerging markets from the ground up. You also have the following:
- 10-15 years of experience with a proven ability to manage high performing teams, previous consulting and/or startup experience highly preferred
- Lateral thinker who will find creative ways to achieve ambitious growth targets
- Analytical & data-driven decision-making mentality
- Energetic, self-reflective, self-motivated
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous work environments with moving targets.
With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in New York, San Francisco, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Brazil & Paris, Knotel is transforming the way we work with its Agile HQ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, & operates custom spaces for enterprises, so that business leaders can focus on building the future.
Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $560 million in funding & was named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup & New York's Hottest New Workspace Model. Knotels member network includes companies like Starbucks, HotelTonight, & Omnicom. To learn more, visit knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Dont Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
Where is it Engraved- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, & religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives outlined here.