Hachette Book Group is currently looking for a Web Producer to work on a variety of web application design initiatives, playing an integral role in all aspects of the development life cycle. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced environment, working on multiple projects & teams with a positive, collaborative attitude. This is a full time position reporting to the Creative Director, Web Services Manager. The role will evolve & move forward with the latest design trends.
- Update & creation of subpages on Hachettebookgroup.com
- Collaborate on the design & implementation of page templates for all of our imprint & sub imprint properties
- Develop, design, & maintain author sites & themed verticals within our Wordpress environment
- HTML newsletter design & implementation in MailChimp across all imprints
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Strategy team in the development of content & visual assets for HBG.com & other sites
- Very strong knowledge of CSS3, HTML5
- Very strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience working with Wordpress
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes or plugins a plus
- Experience working with Bootstrap
- A rock solid design eye
- Experience working in an Agile environment & with bug tracking systems (i.e. JIRA) a plus.
- Experience working with revision control systems such as Git & SourceTree strongly preferred.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects & priorities, timely & efficiently within a fast paced, deadline oriented environment required
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of web usability & accessibility as it applies to web content
- 3+ years of experience successfully publishing & contributing to websites using HTML, CSS, WordPress.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or Web Production or equivalent combination of education & experience
*All candidates must provide a link to an online portfolio as part of the application process.